Transcultural Psychosocial Organization Nepal (TPO Nepal) is one of Nepal’s leading psychosocial organizations. It was established in 2005 to promote psychosocial well-being and mental health of people in conflict-affected and other vulnerable communities through the development of sustainable, culturally-appropriate, and community-based psychosocial support systems.
Sports-based Mental heAlth pRomotion intervention for adolescenTs in Nepal (SMART) is a 2-year research project that aims to develop and test the feasibility and acceptability of the implementation of a sports-based mental health promotion program to promote mental wellbeing, self-efficacy, self-esteem, and emotion regulation of adolescents. The project is being implemented by TPO Nepal, under the technical and financial support of King’s College London. SMART will be implemented in selected municipalities/rural municipalities of Bardiya district of Lumbini Province.
TPO Nepal seeks competent, committed, and result-oriented candidates for the following position:
Job Title : Program Officer
Job station : Bardiya District
Job duration : 1 year with a possibility of extension
Number of openings : 1 (one)
Start date : At the earliest
The Program Officer will be responsible for the following duties but not limited to:
- Take a lead role in the development of a sports-based mental health promotion program based on available evidence, formative qualitative study, and expert consultation.
- Prepare training manuals, brochures, and other IEC materials to implement the program successfully.
- Oversee implementation of the SMART project, including training to facilitators, supervision, and quality control.
- Coordination with local government and other relevant stakeholders at project sites, for effective implementation of the project.
- Conduct regular field visits to closely monitor field activities.
- Regular coordination with the project team for their day-to-day activities.
- Provide regular updates to the project coordinator and other program staff.
Qualification, Skills, and Experience:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in psychology, global health/global mental health, public health, social work, or related fields. A Master’s degree is preferable.
- Minimum three years of experience in project planning, design, and implementation of adolescents’ education and health program.
- Prior experience of working in community-based mental health prevention and promotion programs.
- Preference will be given to those with experience in sports or sport-based programs.
- Good interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills and proficiency in written and spoken Nepali and English language.
- Willingness to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Willingness to travel to rural areas.
- Having a driving license for a motorbike or scooter will be an advantage.
Interested, qualified, and motivated candidates meeting the above requirements are encouraged to apply along with a cover letter, updated resume (CV), and expected salary to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The last date for submitting the application is 05:00 PM, February 25, 2022.
Only short-listed candidates will be informed for further process. Any activity intended to influence the selection process will lead to disqualification.
- WHO steps up the Director-General’s flagship initiative to combat tuberculosis
- New Horizons PhD Studentship: NCDs in Nepal
- University of Huddersfield Funded opportunities in Health Sciences and Healthcare Research
- Asia Pacific Leaders’ Conclave on Malaria Elimination 2023
- Massive open online course on implementation research (IR)
Thanks for visiting us.
Disclaimer: The resources, documents, guidelines, and information on this blog have been collected from various sources and are intended for informational purposes only. Information published on or through this website and affiliated social media channels does not represent the intention, plan, or strategies of an organization that the initiator associated with in professional or personal capacity, unless explicitly indicated.
If you have any complaints, information, or suggestions about the content published on Public Health Update, please feel free to contact at email@example.com.