Health Insurance Board (HIB) of Nepal is a government authority, formulated to plan, manage and operate health insurance services as per the mandate of Nepal Health Insurance Act & its regulation. The HIB was formed following the enactment of the Nepal Health Insurance Act 2074. Health insurance program is a social protection program of the Government of Nepal that aims to enable its citizens to access quality health care services without placing a financial burden on them.
Recommended course: E-Learning Course on Health Insurance System of Nepal
Health Insurance program helps prevent people from falling into poverty due to health care costs i.e. catastrophic expenditure due to accidents or disease by combining prepayment and risk pooling with mutual support. This program also advocates towards quality health services.
- To ensure Universal Health Coverage by increasing access to, and utilization of necessary quality health services.
- To increase the financial protection of the public by promoting pre-payment and risk pooling in the health sector;
- To mobilize financial resources in an equitable manner; and
- To improve the effectiveness, efficiency, accountability and quality of care in the delivery of health care services.
- Increasing participation of communities towards health insurance program by providing special protection to the poor and marginalized and
- Extending coordination and cooperation with government and non-government service provider health institutions for gradual expansion of health insurance program throughout the country.
Read more about: The Social Health Security Program (SHSP)
Health Insurance Board
Teku, Kathmandu, Nepal
Audio Notice Board: 16600111224
Fax : +977-01-4100223
Email : Info@Hib.Gov.Np
Website : https://hib.gov.np/np
You may also like
- COVID-19 Insurance Scheme in Nepal (CORONA Insurance)
- Health benefit packages of Life Insurance companies in Nepal
- Health Insurance Packages of Non-life Insurance Companies in Nepal
- Health Insurance Board (HIB)
- E-Learning Course on Health Insurance System of Nepal
- Policy, Planning & Monitoring Division
- Health Coordination Division
- Quality Assurance & Regulation Division
- Population Management Division
- Administration Division
- Health Emergency and Disaster Management Unit (Health Emergency Operation Center -HEOC)
- Nepal Medical Council
- Nepal Nursing Council
- Nepal Ayurvedic Medical Council
- Nepal Health Professional Council
- Nepal Pharmacy Council and
- Nepal Health Research Council
- Department of Health Services (DoHS)
- Department of Drug Administration (DDA)
- Department of Ayurveda and Alternative Medicine (DoAA)
- National Health Education, Information and Communication Centre (NHEICC)
- National Health Training Centre (NHTC)
- National Centre for AIDS and STD Control (NCASC)
- National Tuberculosis Control Centre (NTC)
- National Public Health Laboratory (NPHL)
- Management Division
- Family Welfare Division
- Curative Service Division
- Nursing and Social Security Division
- Epidemiology and Diseases Control Division (EDCD)
- Drug Evaluation and Registration Division
- Planning, Coordination and Management Division
- Inspection, Evaluation and Law Enforcement DivisionNational Medicines Laboratory (NML)
- Herbs, Medicine and Research Division
- Ayurveda Medicine Division
- Alternative Medicine Division
- Administration Section
- National Action Plan for Antimicrobial Resistance (AMR) Nepal
- DoHS Annual Health Report 2079/80
- Nepal National Health Accounts 2018/19 and 2019/20
- Vaccine Preventable Diseases Surveillance Plan (Polio Transition Plan)
- Recommendations of Measles Outbreaks and Root Cause Analysis 2022-23
Thanks for visiting us.
Disclaimer: The resources, documents, guidelines, and information on this blog have been collected from various sources and are intended for informational purposes only. Information published on or through this website and affiliated social media channels does not represent the intention, plan, or strategies of an organization that the initiator is associated with in a professional or personal capacity, unless explicitly indicated.
If you have any complaints, information, or suggestions about the content published on Public Health Update, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.