Management Division, Department of Health Services
General management of Department of Health Services is assigned to Management Division (MD). Management Division is responsible for planning, integrated supervision, monitor programme implementation status and carry out periodic performance reviews. Information management, building construction and maintenance of public health institutions, monitoring and evaluation of health programmes and quality assurance of health services. These functions are carried out in close coordination with each of the respective programme divisions within the DoHS.
Management Division aims to establish of a functional linkage among different information systems through appropriate use of technology to foster better use of information for monitoring and planning.
This Division is also responsible for the management of environmental health and health related waste. This division functions with its four sections namely Logistics Management Section, Environmental Health and health waste management Section, Infrastructure Development Section and Integrated Health Information Management Section. Operating Manual (Procedure), 2068 (third edition) for Department of Health Services describes the responsibility of this division in information management, planning, coordination, supervision, monitoring and evaluation of the health programs.
The division is also responsible for monitoring the delivery of quality health services through all types of health institutions. Furthermore, it monitors the building construction and maintenance of public health institutions and provides supports for maintenance of medical equipment. More activities are assigned to this division as directed by NHSP, policies and plans that include mental health, oral health, health care waste management,health facility upgrading and renewals and nursing related programs.
Areas of responsibility
Health Information Management, Infrastructure development, Environmental health and Logistics management
The Management Division has major objective to support health programs and DoHS in overall to accomplish their service delivery functions which include in major to;
- Facilitate and coordinate among concerned divisions and centres to prepare annual plans, programmes and to make necessary arrangements to get approval from the National Planning Commission (NPC) and MoF.
- Make arrangements for the preparation and compilation of annual budgets and programmes of regional health directorates, HD and HOs.
- Support quality improvements in the health sector.
- Manage the HMIS
- Manage and coordinate the construction and maintenance of buildings and other public health infrastructure including the maintenance of biomedical equipment.
- Process for approval the establishment of private and non-government health institutions.
- Process for approval new public health institutions and their upgrades.
- Make arrangements for capacity building of human resources in public health
- Support information technology related to health information, dissemination and management.
- To facilitate the Ministry of Health and Population to build policy, rules, directories, criteria and protocols related to the national level health management information system.
- Making timely updates and techniques for effective management of health information.
- To developed, expand, information systems like HMIS,LMIS,HIIS, in integrated system
- Determine and modify the level indicators for national level health information
- To prepare and publicly report the annual and periodic reports by disseminating related information related to health.
- To empower the Integrated Health Information System for the ability to institutionalize different levels.
- Coordinating and collaborating with the regional and local level for health care related information management and implementation.
- Coordinating and facilitating the preparation of plans for the supermarkets under the department.
- Updating the monthly, quarterly, annually report of the division and preparing the final report.
- The necessary assistance will be made to formulate the overall plan of the ministry from the department