Transcultural Psychosocial Organization Nepal (TPO) Nepal is one of Nepal’s leading psychosocial organizations. It was established in 2005 to promote psychosocial well-being and mental health of people in conflict-affected and other vulnerable communities through the development of sustainable, culturally-appropriate, and community-based psychosocial support systems.
ALIVE: Improving Adolescent mentaL health by reducing the Impact of poVErty is a 5-year project funded by Wellcome Trust UK that aims to develop and pilot-test an intervention that equips adolescents with skills to escape poverty and strengthens self-regulation, thus preventing adolescent depression and anxiety in urban setting in an underprivileged population. ALIVE is being implemented by TPO Nepal in Kathmandu valley.
TPO Nepal seeks competent, committed and result oriented candidates for the following position:
Position: Qualitative Research Assistant
Job station: Kathmandu
Job duration: 5 months with possibilities of extension
Number of opening: 2 (Two)
Start date: At the earliest
The Research Assistant will be responsible for following duties but not limited to:
- Conduct research activities including recruitment of study participants, meetings with participants and family members.
- Conduct individual interviews and focus group discussions (FGDs).
- Co-ordinate with local communities, schools and government/non-government organization for research activities.
- Transcribe the interviews and FGDs immediately after data collection.
- Assist data entry into NVIVO software.
- Involve in data analysis and publication, and perform other tasks required for implementation of research activities as assigned.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of public health, psychology, nursing, population health, anthropology, epidemiology, global health or related field.
- At least one year of experience in qualitative data collection (individual interviews and FGDs) in the community setting.
- Experiences of working with adolescents.
- Experiences of mental health research.
- Flexible to work beyond office hours when required.
- Good command on both written and spoken Nepali languages.
- Preference will be given to those who are experienced in using NVIVO software, and prior experience of qualitative data analysis and those with prior experiences of working with adolescents living in urban poverty.
Interested, qualified and motivated candidates meeting the above requirements are encouraged to apply along with cover letter, updated resume (CV) and expected salary to: email@example.com no later than 5:00 p.m., 20th January, 2022.
- COP28: Summary of the initiatives and financial commitments for climate and health
- COP28 UAE Climate and Health Declaration: Putting Health at the Heart of the Climate Agenda
- Guiding Principles for Financing Climate and Health Solutions
- Global health community calls for urgent action on climate and health at COP28
- Asia Pacific Forum on Sustainable Development (APFSD) Youth Forum 2024
Thanks for visiting us.
Disclaimer: The resources, documents, guidelines, and information on this blog have been collected from various sources and are intended for informational purposes only. Information published on or through this website and affiliated social media channels does not represent the intention, plan, or strategies of an organization that the initiator is associated with in a professional or personal capacity, unless explicitly indicated.
If you have any complaints, information, or suggestions about the content published on Public Health Update, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.