Explanation of logo:
When a small pebble is thrown into a pond, it creates a wave, which gradually spreads all over the surface of pond. Similarly, the activities of FCHV starts at ward level and gradually spreads to VDC level. Subsequently, the district will be covered with such actions and ultimately, whole nation will be developed through FCHV’s action The innermost circle shows that the action starts at community or ward level by individual FCHV, (as community is the center of health activities) Second circle shows the action is spread in the enti re VDC Third circle depicts whole district will be covered by FCHV’s actions The outermost circle shows that the action of FCHV will cover the whole nation. ——————————–National Female Community Health Volunteer Program Strategy
The major role of the FCHV is to advocate healthy behaviors of mothers and community people to promote safe motherhood, child health, family planning, and other community based health promotion and service delivery. FCHVs distribute condoms and pills, ORS packets and vitamin A capsules, treat pneumonia cases and refer and serious cases to health institution along with motivation and education to community people. Similarly, they also distribute iron tablets to pregnant women.
rengthened national program for consistency and continuous support to each FCHV.
- To prepare a pool of self‐motivated volunteers as a focal person to bridge health programs with community
- To prepare a pool of volunteers to provide community based health services
- To activate women to tackle common health problems by imparting relevant knowledge and skills
- To increase the community participation in improving health
- To develop FCHV as a motivator for health
- To increase utilization of health care services through demand creation.
Role of FCHV
- The main role of FCHV will be concentrated on the health promoti onal activities of mothers and children in their working area. Besides, they will also help in promoti ng uti lization of available health services and raise awareness on health through MGH
- FCHV will help in various health programs such as family planning, safer motherhood, newborn care, immunizati on, nutrition, communicable and epidemic diseases, acute respiratory diseases and diarrheal diseases control, environmental sanitation, health education and other national programs
- FCHV will also provide recommended services like drug distribution and diseases management as directed by Nepal government based on community based approach
- Other health programs also might involve FCHV through their guidelines. However, the involvement of FCHV in other programs should be mandatorily endorsed by central level FCHV Coordinati on sub-committee.
- FCHV has to submit an annual report to local health institution and her MGH.
- FCHV has to submit a monthly report of her activities to local health worker or supervisor every month
- FCHV can be selected by her respective MGH for a term of 5 years
- FCHVs are entitled to abide by the code of ethics.