The World Sight Day Photo Competition is organised for World Sight Day to promote awareness about eye care and encourage people around the world to participate. The competition, open to professional and amateur photographers, is an opportunity to highlight eye health successes and also document unmet need.
The World Sight Day Photo Competition have been possible because of photographers from around the globe who have generously contributed their images. Over 4,000 eye care photos have been submitted since 2015.
The World Sight Day photo competition is live. IAPB encourages you to share photos that highlight the impact, the strength of our partnerships and highlight the importance of vision everywhere in the world.
The Photo Contest is open to all: Amateur and Professional Photographers.
adjective pro·fes·sion·al \prə-ˈfesh-nəl, -ˈfe-shə-nəl\: relating to a job that requires special education, training, or skill : done or given by a person who works in a particular profession : paid to participate in a sport or activity.
noun am·a·teur \ˈa-mə-(ˌ)tər, -ˌtu̇r, -ˌtyu̇r, -ˌchu̇r, -chər\: a person who does something (such as a sport or hobby) for pleasure and not as a job.
Professional: The Professional winner will get USD 1000.
Amateur: The Amateur winner will get a CANON 1200D DSLR CAMERA
- The competition will be open till 8 October 2020 – World Sight Day, after which we will pick two winners and 5 runners-up.
- Winners will be announced on 15 October 2020 and contacted by mail following the official announcement.
LINK TO PARTICIPATE ON PHOTO COMPETITION
- WHO certifies Azerbaijan and Tajikistan as malaria-free
- National Population and Housing Census 2021: A Report on Maternal Mortality
- Experts call for action on the commercial determinants of health and health equity
- WHO steps up the Director-General’s flagship initiative to combat tuberculosis
- New Horizons PhD Studentship: NCDs in Nepal