To celebrate International Day for Universal Health Coverage 2022, World Health Organization Regional Office for South-East Asia is organizing an art competition “UHC We Want” to promote ownership and engagement of youth in the Region for UHC; and to raise public awareness on the significance of UHC for health, well-being and quality of human capital.
Universal Health Coverage (UHC) means that “all individuals and communities receive the health services they need without suffering financial hardship. It includes the full spectrum of essential, quality health services, from health promotion to prevention, treatment, rehabilitation, and palliative care across the life course”.
The campaign “UHC We Want” reflects visionary demand of youth for the current and future universal health coverage system and practices, including access to care, quality of care, financial protection. It may include gaps between current and desirable universal health coverage.
- Drawing & Painting (Submission of photograph of original work in high resolution). Please explain how the photo illustrates UHC in 50 words.
- Digital Art and photograph (in JPG format-under 5 MB). Please explain how the photo illustrates UHC in 50 words.
- Short Video clip (must not exceed 2 minutes in length with minimum resolution of 1080 pixels and must be communicative and easy for international audiences)
- Participants must be under-25 youth, national and resident of Member countries of WHO South-East Asia Region.
- A participant can submit only one artwork in each category.
- Entrant must be individual, except for the Short Video Clip category which allows a team of maximum three youth members.
- Artwork must be original and must not contain any component with intellectual property protection.
- Artwork must be relevant to the theme “UHC We Want”.
- Entries will be judged by three age groups: under 12, 13–18, and 19–25
- Winners will be selected by a WHO panel in the Regional Office for South-East Asia
- WHO reserves the right to use the submitted artwork in its not-for-profit information products.
- In each age group and category, three winners will be selected, and will be awarded in addition to a certificate of merit.
- The deadline for submissions is Wednesday, 07 December 2022.
- Submit your entry at https://bit.ly/UHC-We-Want
- For inquiries, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org or call on +91 11 43040147