|Kantipur (5th Dec 2015)|
- To prepare a pool of self‐motivated volunteers as a focal person to bridge health programs with community
- To prepare a pool of volunteers to provide community based health services
- To activate women to tackle common health problems by imparting relevant knowledge and skills
- To increase the community participation in improving health
- To develop FCHV as a motivator for health
- To increase utilization of health care services through demand creation
f mothers and community people with support from health workers and health facilities. At present there are 51,470 FCHVs (47,328 FCHVs at rural/VDC level and 4,142 at urban/municipality level) actively working all over the country. FCHVs contributed significantly in the distribution of oral contraceptive Pills, Condoms and Oral Rehydration Solution (ORS) packets and counseling and referring to mothers in the health facilities for the service utilization. FCHVs have contributed in distribution of 53 percent oral pills and 47 percent ORS packets at the national level. FCHVs distributed a total of 14,506,525 packets of condoms in the FY 2070/71. Service statistics shows that more than one half of the diarrhoea and ARI cases were treated by FCHVs.