World Health Day 2018: 70th anniversary year of WHO
The World Health Organization was founded on the principle that all people should be able to realize their right to the highest possible level of health.
“Health for all” has therefore been our guiding vision for more than seven decades. It’s also the impetus behind the current organization-wide drive to support countries in moving towards Universal Health Coverage (UHC).
Experience has illustrated, time and again, that Universal Health Coverage is achieved when political will is strong.
So in this 70th anniversary year, WHO is calling on world leaders to live up to the pledges they made when they agreed the Sustainable Development Goals in 2015, and commit to concrete steps to advance the health of all people. This means ensuring that everyone, everywhere can access essential quality health services without facing financial hardship.
The Organization will maintain a high-profile focus on UHC via a series of events through 2018, starting on World Health Day on 7 April with global and local conversations about ways to achieve health for all.
Throughout 2018, WHO aim to inspire, motivate and guide UHC stakeholders to make commitments towards UHC:
- Inspire: by highlighting policy-makers’ power to transform the health of their nation, framing the challenge as exciting and ambitious, and inviting them to be part of the change.
- Motivate: by sharing examples of how countries are already progressing towards UHC and encourage others to find their own path.
- Guide: by providing tools for structured policy dialogue on how to advance UHC domestically or supporting such efforts in other countries (e.g. expanding service coverage, improving quality of services, reducing out-of-pocket payments).
Theme, slogan and hashtag
- The theme of World Health Day is: Universal health coverage: everyone, everywhere.
- The slogan is “Health for All”.
- The primary hashtag that we are using is #HealthForAll but look out for posts using #WorldHealthDay as well.
WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION
[irp posts=”11602″ name=”Tokyo Declaration on Universal Health Coverage: All Together to Accelerate Progress towards UHC”]
[irp posts=”11288″ name=”UN Resolution on Universal Health Coverage”]
[irp posts=”11304″ name=”Universal Health Coverage in Nepal (Presentations, Notes, Videos & Articles)”]
[irp posts=”11293″ name=”Universal Health Coverage Day : Rise for our right to #HealthForAll”]
Change Your Profile Picture