International Universal Health Coverage Day: Keep the Promise!
On 12 December 2012, the United Nations General Assembly endorsed a resolution urging countries to accelerate progress toward universal health coverage (UHC) – the idea that everyone, everywhere should have access to quality, affordable health care – as an essential priority for international development. On 12 December 2017, the United Nations proclaimed 12 December as International Universal Health Coverage Day (UHC Day) by resolution 72/138.
International Universal Health Coverage Day aims to raise awareness of the need for strong and resilient health systems and universal health coverage with multi-stakeholder partners. Each year on 12 December, UHC advocates raise their voices to share the stories of the millions of people still waiting for health, champion what we have achieved so far, call on leaders to make bigger and smarter investments in health, and encourage diverse groups to make commitments to help move the world closer to UHC by 2030. (United Nations)
Universal Health Coverage (UHC)
Political Declaration of the High-level Meeting on Universal Health Coverage
High-Performance Health-Financing for UHC: Driving Sustainable, Inclusive Growth in the 21st Century
Tokyo Declaration on Universal Health Coverage: All Together to Accelerate Progress towards UHC
2019 Monitoring Report: Primary Health Care on the Road to Universal Health Coverage
Universal Health Coverage Day 2019: ”Keep the Promise’’
Universal Health Coverage Day 2019: Major Events in Nepal ??
Universal Health Coverage in Nepal (Presentations, Notes, Videos & Articles)
- On 23 September, all @UN Member States came together to sign the most ambitious & comprehensive political declaration on health in history. This #UHCDay, let’s call on our leaders to #KeepthePromise.
- Health is a human right that too many people are waiting for. When will leaders keep the promise of #HealthForAll? #UHCDay
- Every country is on the record committing to #HealthForAll. We have only one message for them: #KeepthePromise.
- Enough talk. This #UHCDay, we must Keep the Promise of #HealthForAll.
- Universal health coverage is a nation’s promise to its people. It’s time that leaders kept their word. #UHCDay
- No one, anywhere, should go bankrupt to get the health services they need. Period. #HealthForAll #UHCDay
- 210M people worldwide must spend >25% of their household budget to get the health services they need. No one should have to choose between health & other necessities. #HealthForAll #KeepThePromise
- At least half of the world’s population lack access to essential health services. This is unacceptable. #KeepthePromise of #HealthForAll, everywhere. #UHCDay
- We have made the case for universal health coverage ethically, economically and politically. Now is the time to deliver on that promise. #UHCDay #HealthForAll
- At the #HLMUHC, leaders agreed that universal health coverage is the responsibility of the entire government. Now, they must Keep the Promise. #HealthForAll
- #UHCDay Reminder: We can’t Keep the Promise of #HealthforAll w/out addressing social, economic & environmental determinants of health.
- #KeepthePromise: Increase investment in #PrimaryHealthCare by at least 1% of GDP. #UHCDay #HealthForAll
- This #UHCDay, we have one message: #KeepThePromise of strong, equitable health systems that #LeaveNoOneBehind. #HealthForAll
- No matter your gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, age, ability or citizenship, #HealthForAll means all people can get the health services they need, w/out discrimination or financial hardship. #HealthForAll
- In the fight for #HealthForAll, we must put the needs of the poorest & most marginalized groups first, not last. #LeaveNoOneBehind #UHCDay
- #KeepThePromise to measure what matters: to #LeaveNoOneBehind, countries must count everyone. #HealthForAll
- To secure #HealthForAll, we must build accountable & transparent institutions that can fight corruption and ensure social justice. #UHCDay
- On #UHCDay, we demand strong regulatory systems that ensure medical products people can afford and trust. #HealthForAll
- To #KeepthePromise of #HealthforAll, legislators must promote the responsible use of emerging technologies. This means stronger legislations that prioritize public safety & privacy over profit. #UHCDay
- Leaders have agreed that quality & access must go hand-in-hand. Our response? Keep the Promise. #HealthForAll #UHCDay
- #PrimaryHealthCare can provide people with the right care, at the right time, right in their communities – and it’s one of the best ways to help people lead a healthy life.
- Improving #PrimaryHealthCare goes beyond employing health workers. To achieve #HealthForAll by 2030, we must support frontline caregivers at all levels of education, training, employment & retention. #UHCDay
- How do we achieve #HealthForAll? Stop chronic under-investment in the health workforce and employ 9 million additional nurses and midwives by 2030. #UHCDay #KeepthePromise
- Investing in #HealthforAll means investing in the capacity of policymakers, researchers, practitioners & health workers: the backbones of strong health systems. #KeepthePromise #UHCDay
- Dear world leaders: #KeepthePromise to strengthen health systems by increasing domestic public financing. #HealthForAll #UHCDay
- On #UHCDay, we demand that leaders #KeepthePromise to cut down out-of-pocket health expenses by increasing domestic financing for public health. #HealthforAll
- Investing in a population’s health pays dividends to entire countries. #HealthforAll is not only the right choice, but the smart choice. #UHCDay #KeepthePromise
- Leaders have spoken: Universal health coverage is everyone’s business. This #UHCDay, we need to see collective action to Keep the Promise of #HealthForAll.
- In 2019, every health system should be gender-responsive. We must meet the unique health needs of all genders to truly #LeaveNoOneBehind on the path to #HealthForAll. #UHCDay
- According to @WHO, 70% of the health and social workforce is comprised of women often in unpaid or underpaid positions. This is unacceptable. On #UHCDay, we demand investments in gender parity on the road to #HealthForAll.
- On #UHCDay, we demand that world leaders #KeepthePromise to promote #genderequality when designing, implementing and monitoring health policies. This means taking into account the specific needs and rights of women and girls.
- Women make up 70% of the health & social workforce globally, but they are woefully underrepresented in leadership roles. Dismantling gender inequality requires a collective commitment from all sectors of society. #UHCDay #HealthForAll