1st National Workshop on Integrated Healthcare Waste Management and WASH in Healthcare Facilities
Workshop: 1st National Workshop on Integrated Healthcare Waste Management (IHCWM) and Water Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH) in Healthcare Facilities
Venue: Hyatt Regency Kathmandu
Date: 10 – 12 December 2019
The Ministry of Health and Population (MoHP) together with concerned line ministries and supporting partners like GIZ, WHO, UNDP, UNICEF, WaterAid, SNV, are jointly organizing this learning workshop on “Integrated Healthcare Waste Management and WASH in HCFs”.
Exchange learning on sustainable practices of healthcare waste management and WASH in HCFs that ensures the equitable access to quality healthcare services by reducing infections and adverse impacts on public health and environment.
The learning workshop brings together Nepali and international key actors to raise awareness for the current issues in IHCWM and WASH in Nepal and provide a forum for knowledge exchange for the participants. Knowledge exchange is promoted by presentations, panel discussions, thematic working groups, an innovative market place showcasing relevant technologies and initiatives and the final summary concluding the key lessons learned and the way forward for Nepal.
- Exchange of knowledge, tools, technology and practice of sustainable healthcare waste management system and WASH in healthcare facilities at subnational level.
- To advocate for global and national actions to improve healthcare waste management and WASH in HCFs and support in decision making and resource allocation.
- Common understanding on urgency of joint effort at subnational level to address the issues of unsafe management of hazardous wastes and poor practice of WASH in HCFs.
- National and international networking, alliance, peer learning, inter and intra sectoral cooperation for learning and innovations.
- Roadmap for Integrated Health Care Waste Management for Nepal with the provided IHCWM model.
- Endorsement of model and commitment of stakeholders to implement the Model.