The 2021 International COPD Conference is hosted by Temple Lung Center (TLC) in conjunction with the Global Initiative for Chronic Obstructive Lung Disease (GOLD). This one-day virtual conference will feature the most recent GOLD strategies in the diagnosis, management, and treatment of patients with COPD. Full-day attendance makes for the best educational experience.
Accredited educational material will be presented in an interactive format applicable to all healthcare providers involved in the care of patients burdened by COPD.
The conference will feature a virtual exhibit hall to provide attendees with the opportunity to absorb critical information from healthcare professionals themselves. An on-demand conference will follow the live virtual event. An archive of all conference presentations and the virtual exhibit floor will be available to participants and new registrants for a period of 1 year.
Tuesday, November 16, 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM EST
Healthy Lungs: Never More Important
This activity addresses the needs of physician assistants, nurses, nurse practitioners, respiratory therapists, pharmacists, and other healthcare professionals involved with the diagnosis and treatment of patients with COPD.
Upon completion of this educational activity, participants will be able to:
- Define a COPD exacerbation and its characteristic presentation in clinical practice
- Describe physiologic changes and blood biomarkers that may signal the onset of a COPD exacerbation
- List mimickers of COPD exacerbations and their impact on COPD patient outcomes
- Define risk factors for COPD development and progression beyond smoke exposure
- Describe the interaction of disappearing airways and vanishing vessels in patients with COPD
- Outline how to utilize strategies that attenuate COPD progression with current therapies
- Describe gaps in care of COPD in LMICs
- List strategies to overcome inconsistent utilization of guidelines and low access to therapeutic treatments for COPD in LMICs
- Explain the status of COPD research in LMICs
- Describe how to evaluate telehealth devices and methods that are potentially applicable to COPD care
- Identify telehealth strategies that may aid in detection of early exacerbations
- Convert knowledge of telehealth devices and methods to strategies that aid in at home care of COPD and rehabilitation
- Describe pathogenic and mechanistic links in the development of lung cancer and COPD
- Discuss how to correlate COPD presence and its severity with risk for lung cancer
- List strategies that combines lung cancer screening with COPD and other comorbid condition detection
- Discuss the impact of COPD on treatments for lung cancer.
Conference registration and more info: Official website
- National Action Plan for Antimicrobial Resistance (AMR) Nepal
- DoHS Annual Health Report 2079/80
- Nepal National Health Accounts 2018/19 and 2019/20
- Vaccine Preventable Diseases Surveillance Plan (Polio Transition Plan)
- Recommendations of Measles Outbreaks and Root Cause Analysis 2022-23
Thanks for visiting us.
Disclaimer: The resources, documents, guidelines, and information on this blog have been collected from various sources and are intended for informational purposes only. Information published on or through this website and affiliated social media channels does not represent the intention, plan, or strategies of an organization that the initiator is associated with in a professional or personal capacity, unless explicitly indicated.
If you have any complaints, information, or suggestions about the content published on Public Health Update, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.