Karnali Academy of Health Sciences, together with the USAID’s Strengthening Systems for Better Health Activity is organizing a short course for public health practitioners as below:
Course: Strengthening Rural Health Care Delivery System: An Approach for Karnali Province
Dates and time: June 6 -10, 2022 | Jestha 23-27, 2079, 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Venue: Karnali Academy of Health Sciences, Jumla
Mid-level health professionals, program managers, health administrators, hospital managers, researchers from government and private organizations, development partners, academic institutions, graduate-level health and medical students.
Maximum number of participants: 20 (10 invited participants and 10 open participants)
Course covers All course materials, course fee, and meals during the course period
Travel & Accommodation to be covered individually by selected participants. KAHS and SSBH will book for hotel rooms in Jumla on a negotiated basis.
- Day 1 : Rural health care system in federal context, disease burden and health care needs, Academic activities and learning approaches, Role and support of development partners
- Day 2: Health policies and provisions of federal, provincial and local level, Potential approaches to strengthen rural health systems
- Day 3: Health care data sources and use for program planning, Monitoring health systems, understanding and promoting evidence based public health
- Day 4: Review of appraisal of hospital services, review and appraisal of public health services, and Field trips and group work
- Day 5: Health systems solutions for rural health systems, Collaboration and synergy between government, academia and international organization.
Application procedure, deadline and notification: To apply for the course, please fill-up the application form here by May25th, 2022. Selected candidates will be notified by through email by May 30th, 2022.
Certification Certificate of Attendance will be issued by KAHS&SSBH to the participants who fully attends all sessions and fulfills the post-course requirement of submitting a paper of 1000 words in English or Nepali.