“Asia Pacific Regional Ecourse on Adolescents and Youth Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights and Mental Health 4.0”
Introduction: In 2020, Y-PEER Asia Pacific Center, UNFPA Asia and the Pacific Regional Office and partners implemented a regional e-course in sexual reproductive health and rights (SRHR) in context to COVID19. This year, considering the effectiveness of the previous e-courses, Y-PEER Asia Pacific in collaboration with partner organizations has planned to replicate the e-course in a similar manner on the same topics regionally excluding Live sessions.
Like last year, this e-course not only intends to build the capacities of young people in SRHR issues but also to fill the gaps in missed opportunities resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic. Many global and regional face-to-face meetings and conferences have been canceled for the last two years. Young people also face disrupted education and cancellation of in-person capacity-building opportunities. This course also intends to complete some of the unfinished agenda planned for The Asia Pacific Forum on Sustainable Development (APFSD2020), Asia Pacific Conference on Reproductive and Sexual Health and Rights (APCRSHR10) and other youth-focused gatherings at the regional level. Therefore, this e-course aims to provide young people with an alternative platform to continue building their expertise in SRHR and to exchange ideas and network with fellow youth advocates within and outside their countries.
Purpose: To build capacities of young participants as SRHR youth advocates including those in remote / difficult-to-reach settings and those who are not affiliated with any organization/group. It also aims to provide an online platform giving participants an equal platform to enhance, share and update their knowledge and skills in the field of SRHR including emerging topics that were not included in previous e-courses.
By the end of this e-course, participants will be able to :
- Have up-to-date knowledge in emerging trends, opportunities, and challenges related to SRHR of young people in Asia and the Pacific
- Identify some possible ways to address these challenges either as an individual or a group
- Make action plans to advocate for improved SRHR of young people in their community using knowledge and skills gained through this course, including action plans for major international days relevant for youth
8 Topics to be included:
- Adolescent sexual and reproductive health in the broad context of adolescent health and wellbeing
- Gender equality (including GBV, empowerment of women, engaging men and boys)
- SRHR in humanitarian crises & climate change
- Comprehensive sexuality education (CSE)
- Adolescents friendly services & Universal Health Coverage (AFS and UHC)
- Mental health and SRHR
- SRHR issues of Young Key Populations(YKPs) and LGBTIQ
- Cyberbullying, online safety and privacy
Organiser: Y-PEER Asia Pacific Center
Partners: Asia Pacific Alliance for Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (APA) , The Asian-Pacific Resource and Research Center for Women (ARROW) , The International Planned Parenthood Federation South Asia Regional Office (IPPF SARO) , The Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS (UNAIDS Asia Pacific), The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO- Bangkok), Asia Pacific Network of Young Key Population (YouthLEAD), Me for Myself (M4M), and United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA APRO)
I. Timeline of the E-course: Nov 2021 – January 2022
II. Who can apply: Any young person between age 16-29 from Asia-Pacific countries who are interested in SRHR and topics mentioned above.
III. What is the cost: The E-course is free of charge
IV. Opportunities and other benefits:
- Certificate signed by regional partners upon successful completion
- Small grants to be provided for strong proposals for country or community-level e-courses
- Possible opportunities for scholarships for future workshops and training
V. Application link: https://forms.gle/3ZSHh2JpQA9kKsKH7
VI. Deadline of application: 15th November, 2021
VII. If any questions/concerns:
Email: email@example.com or chat us at www.fb.com/ypeer.asiapacific
- Call for Applications for ASTMH Travel Awards 2023
- World Oral Health Day: Accelerate action to achieve universal coverage for oral health
- Harness digital health for Universal Health Coverage
- International Confederation of Midwives Congress Bursary Bali 2023
- GRN Pump-priming Research Workshop Grants 2023
Thanks for visiting us.
Disclaimer: The resources, documents, guidelines, and information on this blog have been collected from various sources and are intended for informational purposes only. Information published on or through this website and affiliated social media channels does not represent the intention, plan, or strategies of an organization that the initiator associated with in professional or personal capacity, unless explicitly indicated.
If you have any complaints, information, or suggestions about the content published on Public Health Update, please feel free to contact at firstname.lastname@example.org.