Ensuring communities have access to lifesaving public health information from trusted sources and are not misled by misinformation is essential to ending the COVID-19 pandemic.
This toolkit aims to provide healthcare workers with the tools, skills and content needed to effectively share authentic and reliable information online. Centered around three core vaccine confidence messages, Vaccine Safety, Vaccine Development and Vaccine Reducing Risk of Sickness; this toolkit sets out three approaches: creating your own posts, posting the images and videos provided in the toolkit, or resharing vaccine information from trusted sources.
This product contributes to WHO’s ongoing collaboration with the Government of the United Kingdom to raise awareness on and stop the spread of misinformation globally.
This toolkit lays out three ways in which you can help:
- CREATING: Creating your own posts – video or images – that will engage your communities, using your tone of voice.
- POSTING: Posting the images and videos that we have provided as part of this toolkit, along with captions which clearly communicate key vaccine messages.
- RE-SHARING: Re-sharing vaccine information already disseminated from trusted social media sources to your networks.
Getting the message across in the most engaging way possible
- Know your Audience
- Be Accurate
- Be yourself
- Get Familiar with the Messaging
- Speak to your Experiences