The Fifth United Nations Global Road Safety Week #SpeakUp to SaveLIVES
The Fifth United Nations Global Road Safety Week will be held from 6-12 May 2019. This Week will focus on leadership for road safety. It is widely acknowledged that stronger leadership for road safety is needed to achieve the Global Goals.
The #SpeakUp campaign provides an opportunity for civil society to generate demands for strong leadership for road safety, especially around concrete, evidence-based interventions which will save lives. It will also inspire leaders to take action by showcasing strong leadership for road safety within governments, international agencies, NGOs, foundations, schools and universities and private companies. Read more about the previous United Nations Global Road Safety Weeks below on our timeline..
The #SpeakUp campaign operates on the principles of the Decade of Action for Road Safety 2011-2020.
Demand for strong leadership for road safety worldwide to help achieve SDGs and other road safety targets .
- Civil society, including NGOs; associations of pedestrians, cyclists or motorcyclists; automobile clubs; schools and universities
- Policy-makers in charge of road safety from transport, health, education, communications, cities, and other sectors
- Other road safety advocates and practitioners.
- To generate demands for strong leadership for road safety, especially around concrete, evidence-based interventions
- To inspire decision-makers to take action by showcasing examples of strong leadership for road safety within a variety of sectors.
- 5 million lives could be saved on the world’s roads during Decade of Action for Road Safety 2011-2020.
- 3,700 people die on the road every day.
- 50% reduction of road traffic deaths & injuries by 2020 called for in SDG 3.6.
LEADERSHIP IS KEY FOR ROAD SAFETY
Leadership is the ability to influence or inspire people to achieve a certain goal.
May Measurement Month (MMM19) Global Awareness Campaign
STOP for Asthma: World Asthma Day 2019
International Day of the Midwife! ”Midwives: Defenders of Women’s Rights”
The German Cancer Research Center International PhD Program
Vacancy Announcement! School of Health and Allied Sciences, Pokhara University
Call for Applications – Joint Research Fellowships, Germany
2019 – Semester 2 – Curtin Housing Scholarship (new international students)
Call for PhD applications for enrolment – Aarhus University
Call for Proposal! The Joint Learning Network for Universal Health Coverage