The Provincial Health Office is responsible for following 15 functions;
- Term of Reference – Ministry of Health & Population
- Organization Structure of MoHP
- Approved Organization & Structure of Health Directorate & Health Offices
Previous District Health Structure : District (Public) Health Office (DPHO)
District (Public) Health Office was the major technical and administrative unit of health in the district. DHO/DPHO ensures proper delivery of preventive and curative health services through different health institutions in the district.
District Health system is self-contained segments of the national health system and includes all institutional and individuals concerned with improvement of health.
Roles, responsibilities of District Health Office (District Public Health Office)
- To determine requirement of manpower for health institutions in the district.
- To ensure supply of drugs, equipment, instruments and other materials at different health institutions in the district.
- To ensure effective implementation of public health programs in the district.
- To manage the immediate solution of problems arising from natural disasters and epidemics in the district at different levels.
- To foster coordination with external development partners for effective delivery of resources and health services in the district.
- To systematically maintain data, statements and information regarding health services in the district, update and publish them as required.
- To identify gaps in health service delivery in the district and seek for solution.
- Supervision/Monitoring in all health institutions in the district.
District Health office was established in the year 2028 (BS) based on the concept of decentralization act.
Health Organization Profiles
- The Ministry of Health and Population (MoHP), Nepal
- Department of Drug Administration (DDA), Ministry of Health and Population
- Department of Health Services (DoHS), Ministry of Health and Population
- Department of Ayurveda and Alternative Medicine (DoAA)
- Epidemiology and Disease Control Division, Department of Health Services
- Family Welfare Division (FWD), Department of Health Services
- National Public Health Laboratory (NPHL)
- Mayors urge local action to strengthen air quality data monitoring
- WHO calls on countries to increase taxes on alcohol and sugary sweetened beverages
- Request for Proposals! NHRC Undergraduate, Graduate and Provincial Research Grant 2080
- Guideline for Medical Treatment of Deprived Citizens (Bipanna Nagarik Ausadi Upachar) Program
- COP28: Summary of the initiatives and financial commitments for climate and health
Thanks for visiting us.
Disclaimer: The resources, documents, guidelines, and information on this blog have been collected from various sources and are intended for informational purposes only. Information published on or through this website and affiliated social media channels does not represent the intention, plan, or strategies of an organization that the initiator is associated with in a professional or personal capacity, unless explicitly indicated.
If you have any complaints, information, or suggestions about the content published on Public Health Update, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.