The ICM Triennial Congress is often a life-changing experience for midwives. ICM and its partners are committed to helping midwives from Low- and Middle-Income Countries (LMICs) to have this life-changing experience through the Congress Bursary.
The bursary includes:
- A return air ticket (economy class), to Bali, Indonesia beginning and ending in the home countries of the sponsored midwife (costs vary, in the range of €500-€3,000)
- Visas (costs vary, in the range of €31-€190)
- Accommodation for 5 nights (10 – 14 June inclusive) in a shared room in a 3-star hotel at €50/ night
- Congress fees, €560
- Per diem, $35/day ($175)
Applicants must meet the following criteria to be considered for the Congress Bursary:
- Be a midwife according to the ICM International Definition of a Midwife.
- Be a member of an ICM member association in good standing (e.g. membership must be current, fees and other membership requirements must be met).
- Live and work in low- or middle-income country (LMIC), as defined by the World Bank.
- Did not receive funding to attend the 2021 Virtual Congress.
- Have not secured funding to attend the Triennial Congress in Bali.
Priority for bursaries will be given to
- Member Association Council Delegates
- Conference presenters
Please complete this form with the following information by Sunday, March 26th 2023 at 17:00 CET:
- Your contact information
- A short biography letter of motivation (500 words) that describes:
- Your background, including your qualifications (year and place obtained) followed by a description of your most recent employment (last five years); and
- Your motivation for attending Congress: what do you aim to achieve at Congress and how will you use the experience of Congress attendance in your future work.
- A letter from your national midwifery organisation confirming you are a current member in good standing
- If you are a MA Council Delegate, a letter stating that you are one of your midwifery organisation’s appointed Council Delegates
- If you are a conference presenter, proof of abstract acceptance (e.g. confirmation email or letter).
ICM has secured a limited amount of funding to provide a select number of midwives from LMICs bursaries. Priority will be given to Council Members and presenters, after which midwives from underrepresented regions who meet all the Eligibility Criteria will be put in a random draw to receive bursaries.
Information about the awarded bursaries will be communicated by March 31st 2023.
Partners who have contributed to the funding for these bursaries include ICM, UNFPA, UNFPA SEARO, BMGF. Other partners may still contribute. Should more funding be secured, midwives who are eligible may be contacted after the initial draw.