The deadline for TDR Postgraduate Scholarship in Implementation Research Academic Year 2022/2023 has been extended until May 21, 2022
Faculty of Medicine, Public Health and Nursing, Universitas Gadjah Mada (UGM) of Yogyakarta, Indonesia, invites suitably qualified candidates to apply for a place in the following full-time postgraduate programme, with a focus on Implementation Research for the 2021-2022 academic year.
Funding for these full scholarships is from TDR, the Special Programme for Research and Training in Tropical Diseases, based at the World Health Organization in Geneva (TDR Postgraduate training support). Only applicants from low- and middle-income countries of WHO South-East Asia and Western Pacific Regions are eligible.
The training will be focused on courses relevant to a career in implementation research on infectious diseases of poverty, including neglected tropical diseases, malaria, TB/HIV and COVID-19. Implementation research is a growing field that supports the identification of health system bottlenecks and approaches to address them, and is particularly useful in low- and middle- income countries where many health interventions do not reach those who need them the most. The goal of this scheme is to enhance postgraduate training capacity and boost the number of researchers in low- and middle-income countries.
Further information on implementation research is available from: IR training and IR toolkit
A limited number of scholarships will be offered for the 2021/2022 academic year in the International Master Programme in Public Health, leading to an MPH degree (2 years duration). The programme is taught in English.
Recipients will be enrolled as postgraduate students, and their careers will be tracked through the TDR postgraduate alumni platform, IR Connect, which monitors the impact of the programme and provides networking and opportunities to increase visibility for students and alumni.
ELIGIBILITY FOR SCHOLARSHIP
- Be nationals of, and residents in, low- and middle income countries (as defined by the World Bank) of WHO South-East Asia region and West Pacific region.
- Be under 35 years old for the Master programme.
- Meet the University requirements for international postgraduate students
- Meet the academic requirements:
– A bachelor’s degree with a cumulative Grade Point Average of at least 3.00 out of 4
– AcEPT score of at least 268 or TOEFL score of at least 550 or IELTS score of at least 5.5
– Desk evaluation on undergraduate academic documents
- Consent to meet health requirements in line with regulations of the Indonesian government and UGM
THE SCHOLARSHIP PACKAGE
The scholarship covers:
- Return economy airfare between the home country of the student and Yogyakarta, Indonesia;
- Tuition fees and a basic medical and accident insurance;
- Support for research project/thesis expenses, including travel and sustenance during data collection in home country;
- Indonesian language course to improve integration in the university’s environment; and
- Monthly stipend to cover living expenses equivalent to local living cost.
APPLYING FOR THE TDR POSTGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME AT UGM
To apply for a TDR Postgraduate Scholarship, you must complete the following two steps:
Step 1. Apply for Master Programme
- International applicants: please log in or sign up at https://admission.ugm.ac.id/ and choose “TDR Postgraduate Scholarship in Implementation Research” for Master Programme. Please send the online form and all documents with good quality to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Indonesian applicants: please send the application form and requirements mentioned in um.ugm.ac.id to email@example.com. Please write a motivation letter and scholarship application form in English.
Step 2. Complete the TDR postgraduate scholarship application form (attached) and email this form to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only completed forms will be further processed.
CALENDAR FOR APPLICATION
|Application is open||February 1, 2021|
|Deadline for application||March 26, 2021|
|Announcement of selection result||May 3, 2021|
Selected applicants will receive a letter of offer from the University and have 3 calendar days to confirm acceptance after the notification.. Faculty of Medicine, Public Health and Nursing, UGM reserves the right to refuse or end attribution of the scholarship if the provided information has been proven false.
Application deadline: March 26, 2021
For more information on the scheme at Faculty of Medicine, Public Health and Nursing, UGM, please contact:
Ms. Yuyun Yohana
The Graduate Programme Office, Faculty of Medicine, Public Health and Nursing, UGM
Tel no : (+62-274) 560300 ext. 205
Fax no : (+62-274) 581876
E-mail : email@example.com
- WHO TDR Update: Ensuring ethical conduct of implementation research
- Seven approaches to investing in implementation research in low- and middle- income countries
- Five keys to improving research costing and pricing in low- and middle-income countries
- IR toolkit to inform the implementation and scale-up of digital technologies for TB
- Implementation Research (IR) toolkit(Participants Manual & Facilitator’s Guide)
- World Health Organization Collaborating Centres in Nepal
- Implementation Research (IR) in Health: A Practical Guide
– Implementation Research (IR) Initiative in Nepal
- World Health Day 2023: 75 years of improving public health
- WHO certifies Azerbaijan and Tajikistan as malaria-free
- National Population and Housing Census 2021: A Report on Maternal Mortality
- Experts call for action on the commercial determinants of health and health equity
- WHO steps up the Director-General’s flagship initiative to combat tuberculosis
Thanks for visiting us.
Disclaimer: The resources, documents, guidelines, and information on this blog have been collected from various sources and are intended for informational purposes only. Information published on or through this website and affiliated social media channels does not represent the intention, plan, or strategies of an organization that the initiator associated with in professional or personal capacity, unless explicitly indicated.
If you have any complaints, information, or suggestions about the content published on Public Health Update, please feel free to contact at firstname.lastname@example.org.