Camera Sika x Road to COP26 invites young people (18 and under) to submit proposals for films for a 30-day filmmaking challenge on climate change topics. We are offering ten (10) grants worth NPR 150,000 each to help you produce a short film (under 5 minutes) for a screening programme held to mark the next UNFCCC Climate Change Conference or COP26, which takes place in Glasgow, Scotland from 1 to 12 November 2021.
You must be based in Nepal or Nepali to be eligible. Other conditions include:
- Max age of 18 at the time of submitting the proposal (10 September 2021)
- Proposed film is less than 5 minutes in length (including credits)
- Copyrighted material is not used (music, images, clips sourced from the internet)
- Should have a bank account to receive the grants
- Should have permission from guardian/parent to participate in this opportunity for all applicants below the age of 18.
- Pitch should be based on one of the Themes provided below.
Please read the FAQ document linked below for further details about this opportunity.
- Profiles of youth and women/girl leaders who are delivering impactful climate action
- Documentation of innovation and solutions to climate change developed by Nepalis
- Stories/actions of people at the forefront of climate change and those most affected including women/girls, indigenous and marginalised communities
- Creative documentaries that draw extraordinary connections between people and climate
- Fiction films documenting possible future life because of inaction
A four-member panel will be judging the proposals on the following:
- Alignment with the suggested themes
- Can be feasibly made within 30 days
- Creativity and strength of message
- Sample of past work (does not need to be films)
Deadline: Send your pitch by 10 September 2021 11:59 PM NPT to be considered for the grant award.
- COP28: Summary of the initiatives and financial commitments for climate and health
- COP28 UAE Climate and Health Declaration: Putting Health at the Heart of the Climate Agenda
- Guiding Principles for Financing Climate and Health Solutions
- Global health community calls for urgent action on climate and health at COP28
- Asia Pacific Forum on Sustainable Development (APFSD) Youth Forum 2024
Thanks for visiting us.
Disclaimer: The resources, documents, guidelines, and information on this blog have been collected from various sources and are intended for informational purposes only. Information published on or through this website and affiliated social media channels does not represent the intention, plan, or strategies of an organization that the initiator is associated with in a professional or personal capacity, unless explicitly indicated.
If you have any complaints, information, or suggestions about the content published on Public Health Update, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.