Vacancy Announcement for M&E Coordinator- ASCEND Nepal,Crown Agent
Crown Agents is a high impact social enterprise passionate about transforming the future for millions of people. Since our creation in 1833 we have worked across the globe to improve public services and drive economic growth. Our expertise is finding new solutions to difficult problems for clients in the areas of health, governance, economic growth, humanitarian action and supply chain services. We work with and train leaders at local, national and international level to achieve lasting change drawing on our insight and experience.
Accelerating the Sustainable Control and Elimination of Neglected Tropical Diseases (ASCEND Nepal)
Position: M&E Coordinator
Accelerating the Sustainable Control and Elimination of Neglected Tropical Diseases (ASCEND), is funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID). The objective of ASCEND is to achieve progress towards the 2020 NTD roadmap targets for the targeted NTDs across priority countries and to strengthen elements of the national health systems which are required for sustainable NTD control and elimination. The Programme will focus on five NTDs: lymphatic filariasis, onchocerciasis, schistosomiasis, visceral leishmaniasis, and trachoma.
This is a fixed term contract position [Up to December 2021]
The position will report to the LF Project Coordinator, MOHP/VBDRTC and Director at Vector Borne Disease Research and Training Center (VBDRCT),Hetauda on operational and day-to-day management aspects. H/she will be based in VBDRTC, Hetauda and his/her main responsibilities include but not limited to:
Support to manage all Lymphatic filarial (LF) endemicity mapping and Morbidity Mapping and Disability Prevention (LF MMDP) related data which are retrieved from ongoing Monitoring and Evaluation(M&E) activities for the ASCEND Nepal programme.
Under the direction of the Project Coordinator and Director, VBDRTC, the M&E coordinator will:
- Provide support in program planning, implementation, reporting and monitoring of ASCEND supported LF endemicity mapping and LF MMDP activities
- Collect and manage baseline information from reliable sources to be required for implementation of LF endemicity mapping and LF MMDP activities
- Prepare list of sampling unit and sample population for LF endemicity mapping using software (Survey Builder Tool)
- Work closely with field team for collecting information related to mapping and LF MMDP activities and prepare up to date information sheet for regular monitoring
- Compile and analyze monitoring data related to LF endemicity mapping and LF MMDP activities
- Work closely with ASCEND team, EDCD and VBDRTC for activity implementation and reporting
- Support VBDRTC team to prepare workplan, monitoring plan and training activities.
- Ensure field team have using standard monitoring tools/template and follow guidelines to collect information and assure the quality of data collected in field
- Provide continuous support to field team for using proper M&E tools
- Prepare and compile district-wise monitoring data including all LF mapping and LF MMDP related detail information
- Support VBDRCT team for coordination at province, district and local level for smooth implementation of LF mapping and LF MMDP activities
- Make field visits to the implementation units and local levels to support implementation of M&E activities
- Ensure data entry of all LF endemicity and LF MMDP related data completed on time, updated and provide technical support to VBDRCT team for report writing as may be required
- Clean and process monitoring data, and submit data to ASCEND and VBDRTC on time
- Assist to disseminate analyzed data to VBDRCT, ASCENDteam, and EDCD for review of the project planning and improvement
- Trackinputs provided to each programme implementation Units (IU)
- Manage electronic and hard copies of all LF mapping and LF MMDP monitoring data and other pertinent data and reports, and keep their inventories
- Other works as requested by the supervisor and ASCEND data manager
- A master’s degree in Public Health/ Sociology/Statistics/Population Studies or related field with minimum of 5 years of experience in MEL preferably in NTDs with international development organizations, bilateral or multilateral donors and or with Nepal’s health sector
- -Or a bachelor’s degree in Public health with 7 years of experience in the MEL in the government system
- Must have excellent knowledge on government health delivery system especially in NTDs
- Must have demonstrated experience using Microsoft Office products, including Access, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word, as well as with SPSS, EPI info or other analytical statistical tools
- -Good analytical and report writing skills in Nepali and English;
- Excellent verbal commands in the presentation of reports in Nepali and English;
- Willing to work in the team spirit and diverse working conditions;
- Willing to travel in the remote areas of Nepal.
How to apply
Interested candidate should submit their updated CV along with application in Info.email@example.com
Apply before: 29 July, 2020