The Seventh Global Symposium on Health Systems Research (HSR2022) will be held in Bogotá, Colombia. HSR2022 will welcome around 2,000 delegates between 31 October and 4 November 2022.
The theme of HSR2022 is ”Health Systems Performance in the Political Agenda: Sharing lessons for current and future global challenges’’.
Twelve years on from the first Global Symposium on Health Systems Research, health systems around the world are still facing significant challenges. The experience of the COVID-19 pandemic has revealed just how valuable strong health systems are to society and has also been laying bare their weaknesses.
The 7th Global Symposium must face the challenge of optimally sharing – and learning from – the experiences of the last two years. Strong health systems are built on the solid foundation of primary health care. This requires empowered communities as well as strong, responsive, and equitable public and private health facilities that reflect local needs and values. Within the health system, the capacity to analyze and respond to new research and emerging knowledge must be central for responding to existing and future health needs. The challenge ahead goes beyond the key function of service provision and should focus on the role that values such as trust, solidarity, equity, and social justice must play moving forward.
HSR2022 will explore the following sub-themes:
- The politics and policies of health systems
- Intersectoral collaboration and integrative governance on the road for health in all policies
- The changing dynamics of health provision models to promote equity and the central role of human resources for health
- The role of comprehensive primary care in promoting sustainability and the contribution of new technologies
HSR2022 will be a catalytic forum through which to share knowledge and experiences, raise awareness and advocate for change, build capacity, and develop partnerships for action. We invite you to join us to learn, share, and inform the transformation to stronger, more resilient health systems.
- Experts call for action on the commercial determinants of health and health equity
- WHO steps up the Director-General’s flagship initiative to combat tuberculosis
- New Horizons PhD Studentship: NCDs in Nepal
- University of Huddersfield Funded opportunities in Health Sciences and Healthcare Research
- Asia Pacific Leaders’ Conclave on Malaria Elimination 2023
Thanks for visiting us.
Disclaimer: The resources, documents, guidelines, and information on this blog have been collected from various sources and are intended for informational purposes only. Information published on or through this website and affiliated social media channels does not represent the intention, plan, or strategies of an organization that the initiator associated with in professional or personal capacity, unless explicitly indicated.
If you have any complaints, information, or suggestions about the content published on Public Health Update, please feel free to contact at firstname.lastname@example.org.