The 10 Essential Public Health Services provide a framework for public health to protect and promote the health of all people in all communities. To achieve equity, the Essential Public Health Services actively promote policies, systems, and overall community conditions that enable optimal health for all and seek to remove systemic and structural barriers that have resulted in health inequities. Such barriers include poverty, racism, gender discrimination, ableism, and other forms of oppression. Everyone should have a fair and just opportunity to achieve optimal health and well-being.
- Assess and monitor population health status, factors that influence health, and community needs and assets
- Investigate, diagnose, and address health problems and hazards affecting the population
- Communicate effectively to inform and educate people about health, factors that influence it, and how to improve it
- Strengthen, support, and mobilize communities and partnerships to improve health
- Create, champion, and implement policies, plans, and laws that impact health
- Utilize legal and regulatory actions designed to improve and protect the public’s health
- Assure an effective system that enables equitable access to the individual services and care needed to be healthy
- Build and support a diverse and skilled public health workforce
- Improve and innovate public health functions through ongoing evaluation, research, and continuous quality improvement
- Build and maintain a strong organizational infrastructure for public health.
Source of Info: CDC
- What is Public Health?
- Post-Secondary Educational Programs Related to Public Health in Canada
- Universities for Doctor of Public Health (DrPH) IN USA
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Opportunities for Public Health Professionals in USA
- Masters of Public Health (MPH) in USA (Universities & Specialization)
- NEPHA’s Definition of Public Health, Public Health Professional & Public Health Expert
- Master of Public Health (MPH) Colleges in Nepal
Thanks for the update it really keep me inform about what happening around the world.
Comments are closed.