Technical Officer- Action Against Hunger | Action Contre la Faim (ACF)
Action Against Hunger | Action Contre la Faim (ACF) is an international humanitarian organization committed to ending child hunger. Recognized as a leader in the fight against malnutrition, Action Against Hunger saves the lives of malnourished children while providing communities with access to safe water and sustainable solutions to hunger. With more than 40 years of expertise in emergency situations of conflict, natural disaster and chronic food insecurity, Action Against Hunger runs life-saving programmes in over 45 countries benefitting seven million people each year. With head offices in the United Kingdom, France, Spain, the United States and Canada, our international network shares its combined resources, breadth of experience and technical expertise in pursuit of a world without hunger. Every year, our 7,500+ field workers help over 21 million people in over 45 countries worldwide.
As a non-governmental, non-profit, non-religious organization, we are committed to principled humanitarian action as outlined in our International Charter of Principles: independence, neutrality, non-discrimination, free and direct access to affected populations, professionalism and transparency.
Position: Technical Officer
Vacancy Ref: ACFNNHBATO
Contract Type: Fixed short Term Contract (Subject to grant approval)
Project Area: Banke, Bara, Dhanusa, Rautahat, Jumla, and Kalikot
Number of positions: several
Please note that this position is contingent upon funding.
- Conduct screening of under five years children and support in recruiting Severely Acutely Malnourished (SAM) children in the district
- Provide technical support and on-the-job training to Health Workers and Community Health Volunteers in screening and proper recording and reporting of children under five years
- Coordinate, communicate and establish linkages with the local partner
- Conduct Social and Behaviour Change Communication-related activities
- Lead in support functions at the district level
- Represent Action Against Hunger | Action Contre la Faim (ACF) in the project related meetings, forums etc. in the district
Qualifications & Required Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree with two (2) years of experience in public health, nutrition, development studies, nutrition and dietetics, social science or relevant discipline
- Significant experiences in Community Management of Acute Malnutrition (CMAM) / Integrated Management of Acute Malnutrition (IMAM) programme and / Nutrition in Emergency (NiE) required
- Sound knowledge and experience in using Open Data Kit (ODK) preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, networking, negotiation and communication skills
- Excellent standard of written and spoken Nepali and English language
- Strong presentation skills
- Good computer skills including Microsoft office package
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail
- Training/ capacity-building skills
- Thorough understanding of gender and social inclusion issues
- Ability to work in diverse team and environment with short deadlines and intense pressure.
- Good knowledge and understanding of local language is preferred
Interested Nepali applicants with suitable skills are requested to submit a motivation letter, updated CV with two referees through email: email@example.com by 19th May 2020 by 5 pm Nepal time.
The Vacancy Reference (ACFNNHBATO) must be mentioned in the email subject otherwise the application will be disqualified.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further process. Action Against Hunger | Action Contre la Faim (ACF) reserves the right to reject any or all applications. Telephonic enquiries will not be entertained.
Action Against Hunger | Action Contre la Faim (ACF) is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from women, people with disabilities and members from disadvantaged /underrepresented ethnic groups.
Case Investigation and Contract Tracing Team (CICTT) Mobilization Guideline 2077
Pocket Book for Infection Prevention and Control Measures for COVID-19 in the Healthcare Setting
International Nurses Day: Nurses: A voice to lead-Nursing the World to Health
Real Time Monitoring (RTM) COVID-19 Support Contractor – UNICEF Regional Office for South Asia
Follow us on Social Media Networks for regular updates
Play Store: Public Health Info
Google News Profile: Public Health Update
Facebook Profile Sagun Paudel [5000 Friends & 6,100+ Followers]
- Public Health Update [6,900+ Followers]
- Sagun’s Blog [40,200 + Followers]
- Public Health NOW [5200 + Followers]
- All Nepal BPH Students [3100 + Followers]
- Public Health Update [10,300 + Members]
- Public Health Vacancies [20,600+ Members]
- Nepal NGO INGO GOV Job Vacancy (Paid and Stipend) [51,000+ Members]
- Job Vacancy Nepal Health care Doctor Nurse Medical Career [19,000+ Members]
- Nepal Public Health Professional [21,000+ Members]
- Public health professionals, Nepal [25,600+ Members]
- Nepal Public Health Society [3400+ Members]
- Sagun Paudel [1300 + Followers]
- Public Health Update [370 + Followers]
- Twitter List (Public Health Update)
- Public Health Update [77 + Followers]
- Sagun Paudel
- LinkedIn Group: Jobs/Opportunities for Public Health Professionals [320+ Followers]
- Tumblr Profile Sagun Paudel [20 + Followers]
- Reddit Profile [Sagun Paudel] Reddit List [Public Health Update ]
- Official What’s App Group [Public Health Update] https://chat.whatsapp.com/LeRHIMYodYa5J1txp3IQcm
- Official Viber group [Public Health Update] https://invite.viber.com/?g2=AQBiIY9rydvieEt%2FpJg7Di3dXX9vY27y8Nj%2BP0Y2nduJROSeN3snAJiPL0Co1d1I
- Instagram: Sagun Paudel 1,350 + Followers Public Health Update (100+ Followers)