The Infectious Disease & Climate Change Forum will be held virtually 5 October 2021. The Forum is a key knowledge exchange event for public health and allied health professionals, researchers, policy-makers, academics, students and trainees committed to sharing their research, best practices and policies to deal with the impacts of climate change on infectious disease in Canada.
The virtual event will deliver a scientific program featuring plenary and panel sessions on Tuesday 5 October from 11:00–16:30 (EST). Accepted submission will be presented in a dedicated stream of Public Health 2021 on Wednesday 6 October.
The Infectious Disease & Climate Change Forum will provide participants the opportunity to:
- engage public health leaders and other partners and local organizations from within and outside the health sector;
- highlight local, regional, provincial and national level projects; and
- provide a platform for professionals and providers to discuss gaps and opportunities.
Call for Submission
The Infectious Disease & Climate Change Forum invites submissions that address topics related to the impacts of climate change on infectious diseases. Topics of particular interest include:
- Surveillance and modelling
- Impact on health inequities
- Multi-sectoral projects
- Preparing the healthcare system
Submissions are invited for oral presentation, symposiums and workshops. Accepted submission will be presented in a dedicated stream of Public Health 2021 on Wednesday 6 October.
Proposals may be submitted in either English or French and will be peer-reviewed according to the language of submission. Simultaneous interpretation will not be provided and French submitters must be comfortable presenting in English.
- Each submission is reviewed and scored by at least two independent peer reviewers.
- Final acceptance will be determined by the Steering Committee.
- Symposium and Workshop submitters will be notified of the results of the peer review on or before Tuesday 20 July.
- Oral abstract submitters will be notified of the results of the peer review on or before Friday 23 July.
- All accepted presenters will be notified of the date and time of their presentation on or before Thursday 5 August.
- All presenters must register for at least one day of the conference to be included in the program. Daily presenter rates will be available.
- Pre-recorded presentations and session recordings will be available registered participants for one year post-conference. Presenters may request that the presentation/recording not be posted.
- Registration opens: Thursday 20 May
- Call for submission deadline: Thursday 3 June
- Notification of results: Wednesday 30 June
- Forum Preliminary Program: Tuesday 20 July
- Infectious Disease & Climate Change Forum: Tuesday 5 October 2021
- Public Health 2021 dedicated IDCC Stream: Wednesday 6 October 2021
- National Action Plan for Antimicrobial Resistance (AMR) Nepal
- DoHS Annual Health Report 2079/80
- Nepal National Health Accounts 2018/19 and 2019/20
- Vaccine Preventable Diseases Surveillance Plan (Polio Transition Plan)
- Recommendations of Measles Outbreaks and Root Cause Analysis 2022-23
Thanks for visiting us.
Disclaimer: The resources, documents, guidelines, and information on this blog have been collected from various sources and are intended for informational purposes only. Information published on or through this website and affiliated social media channels does not represent the intention, plan, or strategies of an organization that the initiator is associated with in a professional or personal capacity, unless explicitly indicated.
If you have any complaints, information, or suggestions about the content published on Public Health Update, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.