Health Care Waste Management Guideline- 2014- Ministry of Health and Population, Nepal
Health Care Waste Management Guideline- 2014: This guideline provides HCFs a minimum standard for safe and efficient HCWM in Nepal. HCF has the prime responsibility of ensuring that there are no adverse health and environmental consequences on handling, storage, treatment and disposal of HCWs. Though this guideline does not provide any details about the proper management of liquid and gaseous waste, through this guideline, HCFs will be able to install appropriate waste management system that can provide other benefits such as:
- Protection of public health by reducing the exposure of employees, patients, attendants, andentire community to hazardous HCWs in the work environment
- Facilitate compliance with regulatory requirements
- Enhance community relation by demonstrating a commitment to environmental protection
- Reduce waste handling and disposal volumes along with costs without compromising the quality of healthcare
- Increase employee morale resulting from a healthier and safer working environment.