Health: A Political Choice – Act Now, Together is the latest in a series of titles published by the Global Governance Project in collaboration with WHO. At the occasion of the World Health Summit 2020 and the 75th anniversary of the United Nations, a new book has been launched that calls on world leaders and politicians to unite in their response to the COVID-19 pandemic and other threats to health and the global economy.
This year’s edition features another prestigious line-up of authors, including Amina J Mohammed, deputy secretary-general of the UN, Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, Director-General of WHO and President of South Africa Cyril Ramaphosa. Calling for coordinated action in response to COVID-19 and on other pressing health-related issues, the publication focuses on five key areas:
- Inclusive economics, defined by a new social contract and the pursuit of progress for all
- The fundamental requirements for a healthy life and equitable health care
- Equitable investments and how to make universal health coverage a reality
- Health in the digital age and how technology can help reshape the human rights agenda
- The long-term outlook on global health
- Call for Applications for ASTMH Travel Awards 2023
- World Oral Health Day: Accelerate action to achieve universal coverage for oral health
- Harness digital health for Universal Health Coverage
- International Confederation of Midwives Congress Bursary Bali 2023
- GRN Pump-priming Research Workshop Grants 2023
Thanks for visiting us.
Disclaimer: The resources, documents, guidelines, and information on this blog have been collected from various sources and are intended for informational purposes only. Information published on or through this website and affiliated social media channels does not represent the intention, plan, or strategies of an organization that the initiator associated with in professional or personal capacity, unless explicitly indicated.
If you have any complaints, information, or suggestions about the content published on Public Health Update, please feel free to contact at firstname.lastname@example.org.