Each year on 4 February, World Cancer Day empowers all of us across the world to show support, raise our collective voice, take personal action and press our governments to do more. World Cancer Day is the only day on the global health calendar where we can all unite and rally under the one banner of cancer in a positive and inspiring way.
2019 marks the launch of the 3-year ‘I Am and I Will’ campaign. ‘I Am and I Will’ is an empowering call-to-action urging for personal commitment and represents the power of individual action taken now to impact the future.
- 9.6 million people die from cancer every year.
- At least one third of common cancers are preventable.
- Cancer is the second-leading cause of death worldwide.
- 70% of cancer deaths occur in low-to-middle income countries.
- Up to 3.7 million lives could be saved each year by implementing resource appropriate strategies for prevention, early detection and treatment.
- The total annual economic cost of cancer is estimated at US$1.16 trillion.
Create a future without cancer. The time to act is now. #IAmAndIWill
Govt launches cancer registry across nation
World Cancer Day 2016 : #WorldCancerDay #WeCanICan Prevent many Cancers
Nine ways to reduce Cancer risk
Guideline to Implement livelihood allowance for Cancer, Kidney & paralyzed patients from spinal injuries
Cancer Country Profile: NEPAL – World Health Organization