WHO Launches, WHO Academy and the WHO Info mobile applications
“With this new mobile app, the WHO is putting the power of learning and knowledge-sharing directly into the hands of health workers everywhere,” said Dr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO Director-General.
The app is built around the needs expressed by 20,000 global health workers in a WHO Academy survey conducted in March of 2020.
The survey found that two-thirds of respondents feel they need to be more prepared, particularly in infection prevention and control, case management, use of personal protective equipment and occupational safety, and risk communication and community engagement.
An overwhelming majority of respondents said virtual learning on demand would be helpful in preparing for COVID-19 challenges.
The establishment of the WHO Academy, based in Lyon, France, is planned for launch in May 2021. The state-of-the-art lifelong learning centre, will apply the latest technologies and adult learning science to meet the learning needs of millions of health workers, policy makers, and WHO staff around the world.
You can also learn more about the WHO Academy here: http://academy.who.int
The WHO Info app.
Also today, WHO will launch the WHO Info app which will give millions of people real-time mobile access to the latest news and developments. WHO has developed the app from the ground up with an intuitive user-interface and a clean, smart design. From the COVID-19 front, the WHO Info app will provide the latest WHO initiatives, partnerships, and to up-to-date information on the race to find medicines and vaccines for fighting the disease. The number of COVID-19 cases, organized by country, and by timelines, are continually updated in the app from the official WHO COVID-19 data streams.
13 May 2020, News release, Geneva
Follow us on Social Media Networks
- Play Store: Public Health Info
- Google News Profile: Public Health Update
- Facebook Profile Sagun Paudel [5000 Friends & 6,100+ Followers]
- Facebook Page: Public Health Update [6,900+ Followers] Sagun’s Blog [40,200 + Followers] Public Health NOW [5200 + Followers] All Nepal BPH Students [3100 + Followers]
- Facebook Groups : Public Health Update [10,300 + Members] Public Health Vacancies [20,600+ Members] Nepal NGO INGO GOV Job Vacancy (Paid and Stipend) [51,000+ Members] Job Vacancy Nepal Health care Doctor Nurse Medical Career [19,000+ Members] Nepal Public Health Professional [21,000+ Members] Public health professionals, Nepal [25,600+ Members] Nepal Public Health Society [3400+ Members]
- Twitter : Sagun Paudel [1300 + Followers]: Public Health Update [370 + Followers] Twitter List (Public Health Update)
- LinkedIn: Public Health Update [77 + Followers] Sagun Paudel
- LinkedIn Group: Jobs/Opportunities for Public Health Professionals [320+ Followers]
- Tumblr Profile Sagun Paudel [20 + Followers]
- Reddit Profile [Sagun Paudel] Reddit List [Public Health Update ]
- Official What’s App Group [Public Health Update] https://chat.whatsapp.com/LeRHIMYodYa5J1txp3IQcm
- Official Viber group [Public Health Update] https://invite.viber.com/?g2=AQBiIY9rydvieEt%2FpJg7Di3dXX9vY27y8Nj%2BP0Y2nduJROSeN3snAJiPL0Co1d1I
- Instagram Sagun Paudel 1,350 + Followers Public Health Update (100+ Followers)