- GoN strives to improve the health status of all people, regardless of their sex, caste and ethnicity, or socioeconomic status. Overall objective of the FP program is to improved health status of all people through accountable and equitable health service delivery system through informed choice to access and use voluntary FP (through increased and equitable access to quality FP information and services)
- To increase access to and utilization of quality FP services which are safe, effective and acceptable to individuals and couples. Special focus is given to increasing access to services in places where the rural, poor, Dalit, other marginalized people and those with high unmet need live.
- To create an enabling environment for increasing access to quality family planning services to men and women.
- To increase demand of family planning services by implementing various behavior change communication activities
- Enabling Environment: – Strengthen enabling environment for family planning – Establish family planning as reproductive rights of females and males.
- Demand Generation: Increase health care seeking behavior among population with high unmet need for modern contraception.
- Service Delivery: – Enhance FP service delivery including commodities to respond to the needs of marginalized, rural residents, migrants, adolescents and other special groups. – Increase availability of broader range of modern contraceptives and improved method mi
x. – Effective integration of family planning services with other health services. – Strengthen effective procurement and logistics management system to ensure regular availability of family planning commodities. – Promote family planning services delivery through government, private, non-‐ governmental organization and social marketing approaches.
- Capacity Building: Strengthen capacity of service providers to expand FP service delivery network.
- Research and Innovation: Strengthen evidence base for effective programme implementation through research and innovations.