B.P. Koirala Institute of Health Sciences is a leading Health Sciences University of Nepal. It is known around the globe by virtue of its innovative curricula. Every year BPKIHS gets substantial number of candidates to enroll in its academic programs. Its educational philosophy was conceptualized by eminent medical educationists from Nepal, India & various international communities including WHO.
BPKIHS was established on January 18, 1993 and subsequently upgraded to an autonomous Health Sciences University on October 28, 1998 with a mandate to work towards developing socially responsible and competent health workforce, providing health care and engaging in health research.
The School of Public Health was established in 2005 and it is running a twoyear MPH program.
BPKIHS has postgraduate, undergraduate, and university certificate programs. It has four colleges: Medical, Dental, Nursing, and Public Health. Its Central Teaching Hospital has 733 beds and well established major clinical and basic sciences departments.
- BPKIHS is a leading scientific institution in Nepal.
- Among the medical institutions of Nepal, the faculty members at BPKIHS publish maximum number of scientific articles in national and international reputed periodicals and journals. It has made BPKIHS well known worldwide in the field of biomedical and educational research.
|For AY 2015|
- MBBS or equivalent/BDS or equivalent/ AUSH ( Ayurveda,Sidha,Unani and Homeopathy)/ Bachelor of Veterinary Sciences
- Public Heath graduates (Bachelors degree in Public Health) with work experience as below; Course 4 years and above : No experience required, For 3 years course: One year health related work experience, For 2 year course : Two year health related work experience
- Bachelor degree in Nursing, Pharmacy, Physiotherapy and health professional degrees that are eligible to register with Nepal Health professional Council (NHPC) and work experience as below; Course 4 years and above : One year experience required. For 3 years course :Two year health related work experience. For 2 year course : Three year health related work experience
- Bachelor degree in Biological, Environmental/ Nutritional sciences and Health care management with work experience as below o Course 4 years and above One year experience required o For 3 years course Two year health related work experience o For 2 year course Three year health related work experience
- Masters in Social/Behavioral/Management/Education discipline with 3 years of health related work experience.
Structure of the Entrance Examination
The Entrance examination will be of 3 hours duration with 200 single best response multiple choice questions carrying 200 marks. A master merit list of all candidates who appeared in the entrance examination and scored at least 40% marks (cut-off mark) will be drawn. The Entrance Examination is common for both Nepalese and International candidates. The subjects from where the questions will be asked are:
General Knowledge & Aptitude on Public Health-20
|For AY 2015|
DURATION OF THE COURSE
The MPH programs of B.P. Koirala Institute of Health Sciences is of 2 years duration.
|For AY 2015
FOR MORE DETAILS: http://entrance.bpkihs.edu/