The 20th annual IEEE SECON conference aims at providing a unique forum to exchange innovative research ideas, recent results, and share experiences among researchers and practitioners in wireless networks, mobile systems and the Internet of Things. The focus of IEEE SECON 2023 especially aims at showcasing the following.
- Systems research, experimentation, hands on evaluations: The conference aims to serve as the reference exhibit for state-of-the-art research supported by implementation and insights gained on all scales of experimental network architectures.
- Cross-disciplinary wireless research: Looking beyond current networking paradigms, IEEE SECON welcomes pioneering cross-disciplinary work at the intersection of wireless and parallel disciplinary areas including (but not limited to) new devices, physics, biology, computing, to name a few, encompassing topics ranging from biological communication and computing networks to wireless communication networks in uncharted spectral bands.
The 2023 20th Annual IEEE International Conference on Sensing, Communication, and Networking, 11-14 September 2023, Madrid, Spain.
The IEEE SECON 2023 conference is pleased to announce the availability of Travel Grants Sponsored by the Spanish Ministry of Economic Affairs and Digital Transformation through PRTR and the European Union-NextGenerationEU, for the promotion of telecommunications studies in Spain.
Students may apply following the application guidelines below.
Applications are invited from qualified full-time graduate and undergraduate students.
To qualify, a student must: (i) be a full-time student registered toward a Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Ph.D. degree in engineering or related field in a college or university when submitting the application; (ii) having never been enrolled in a Spanish university, and (iii) not have received a similar grant in the past 12 months.
Part of the travel grants will be reserved for under-represented groups (e.g., from the US NSF definition: women, people with disabilities, racial and ethnic groups such as blacks, hispanics, American Indians and Alaska natives) who do not have an accepted paper.
Applications for a student travel grant will consist of:
1. A brief cover letter (maximum one page) from the student indicating:
(1) the college/university programs the student has been enrolled in, and confirming that the student has never been enrolled in any Spanish university;
(2) research interests and its alignment with IEEE SECON 2023;
(3) a statement about how coming to the conference would benefit the student’s career/research;
(4) (if applicable) whether the student is a first-time attendee and whether the student has authored a paper accepted at IEEE SECON 2023 or one of its workshops, providing the paper title;
(5) whether the student is from any under-represented groups;
(6) whether the student has received travel grants before, and when.
2. A recommendation letter from the student’s advisor including the following:
(1) Confirmation that the student is a graduate/undergraduate student in good academic standing;
(2) the suitability of the IEEE SECON 2023 program material to the student’s research are;
(3) the availability of extra funding to cover travel expenses for the student;
(4) commitment from the advisor to cover travel costs in excess of the travel grant.
3. The student’s CV.
4. An estimate of the following costs of attending IEEE SECON 2023: Airfare, hotel, and conference registration. It is anticipated that travel grants will partially cover these costs.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Applicants should send their applications through e-mail to email@example.com as follows:
1. With Subject: SECON-2023 Student Travel Grant Application (please note, emails may be missed without this subject);
2. All materials as outlined above as a single PDF file attachment.
• Application deadline: 01 August 2023 at 23:59 EST
• Rolling application processing with final notification deadline: 12 August 2023
• Awardees acceptance deadline: 20 August 2023 at 23:59 EST.
Official announcement: Conference website