The Burke Global Health Fellowship program at the Harvard Global Health Institute provides funding for postdocs and Harvard Junior faculty for their innovative research and curriculum development and teaching in global health.
There are three types of Burke Fellowships:
- Burke Global Health Fellowship – Research Award
- Burke Global Health Fellowship – Curriculum Development Award
- (NEW) Burke Climate and Health Fellowship – Research Award
The Harvard Global Health Institute has opened applications for the 2023 – 2024 Burke Global Health Fellowship. This Fellowship program provides funding for Harvard junior faculty members from across the University to support innovative research, curriculum development, and teaching in global health.
The Fellowships are made possible through the generous support of Harvard alumna Katherine States Burke, AB’79, and her husband, T. Robert Burke, who established the Burke Fund to help launch and advance the careers of promising junior faculty in global health.
Through the Burkes’ generosity, HGHI has funded over 90 Burke Global Health Fellows since 2009.
NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS for our 2023 – 2024 Burke Fellowship Program!
All application materials are due by 5PM EST, Friday, March 10, 2023.
Candidates applying by self nominating themselves and filling out an application.
To apply for a Burke Global Health Fellowship applicants must hold a junior faculty appointment at Harvard University (ie: Assistant or Associate Professor, Instructor). Faculty working in disciplines outside of health and life sciences are encouraged to apply so long as the work falls within global health.
To apply for a Burke Climate and Health Fellowship applicants are research fellows, post-doctoral scholars, and early career faculty pursuing scholarly research at the intersection of climate change and global health.
Questions about your eligibility or the application? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- National Population and Housing Census 2021: A Report on Maternal Mortality
- Experts call for action on the commercial determinants of health and health equity
- WHO steps up the Director-General’s flagship initiative to combat tuberculosis
- New Horizons PhD Studentship: NCDs in Nepal
- University of Huddersfield Funded opportunities in Health Sciences and Healthcare Research