Global health care leaders must have expertise in leadership, health care finance and human resource management in order to maintain excellence in service and patient care. With the support of Sunway University and Sunway Medical Centre, the Harvard Medical School Postgraduate Medical Education has developed the Leadership in Medicine: Southeast Asia program to ensure that emerging health care leaders in Malaysia, Southeast Asia, Australia and the Pacific region have access to the world’s leading authorities in safety, quality, complex organizational management and health leadership.
Leadership in Medicine: Southeast Asia is a one-year certificate program consisting of three, four-day residential workshops (in Bandar Sunway, Selangor, Malaysia and Boston, Massachusetts, US), pre-recorded lectures and interactive webinars focused on relevant and complementary topics. The program is designed for senior and executive-level hospital, primary care, recuperative care, community and other health care facility administrators, chiefs of staff, hospital board members, chief nursing officers, department directors and other health care professionals with supervisory, management or executive-level responsibilities.
The Leadership in Medicine: Southeast Asia program will also be of benefit to clinicians who are transitioning or seeking to transition into administrative management or executive roles. Medical and non-medical personnel and staff who aspire to become directors, executives and administrators will also find tremendous value in the knowledge and skills taught. Harvard Medical School looks forward to reviewing applications from all members of the health care community.
- The Leadership in Medicine: Southeast Asia program curriculum will focus on critical topics to include:
- Leading and managing in complex organizations, crisis management, optimizing quality and safety in health care
- Capital budgeting including strategic planning, the basics of financial risk and return and incorporating risk into capital budgeting decisions
- Leveraging executive decision-making tools and formal methods to assess health care plans in light of regulations and ever-changing needs in the market
- Steps needed to foster creativity throughout a department or organization
- How to apply each of these leadership capabilities to lead health care teams and projects to success.
As we navigate the global COVID-19 pandemic, HMS continues to offer our postgraduate certificate programs in innovative, safe and convenient formats. Looking further ahead, we will continue to work with learners to ensure that you are able to safely and successfully complete your program while we deliver a transformational HMS learning experience.
- Workshop 1: March 1–4, 2022 (Selangor, Malaysia)
- Workshop 2: September 12–15, 2022 (Selangor, Malaysia)
- Workshop 3: March 6–9, 2023 (Boston, MA)
Who Should Apply
Candidates for the program should indicate any doctoral-level degree (for example: MD, PhD, MBBS, MBChB, DNP, DMD, DDC, PharmD) or master’s level degree (for example: MBA, MPH, MSc.)
This program will benefit hospital and other health care leaders such as:
- Senior and executive-level administrators including vice presidents and C-suite executives
- Chiefs of staff
- Chief nursing officers
- Hospital board members
- Department directors
- Other health care professionals with supervisory, management or executive-level responsibilities
- Clinicians who are transitioning or seeking to transition into administrative, management or executive roles
- Mid-level medical and non-medical personnel who aspire to become directors, executives or administrators or obtain other positions of leadership within the health care industry
Sunway Scholarship Deadline: November 19, 2021
Application Deadline: January 21, 2022
Program Begins: March 1, 2022
- Experts call for action on the commercial determinants of health and health equity
- WHO steps up the Director-General’s flagship initiative to combat tuberculosis
- New Horizons PhD Studentship: NCDs in Nepal
- University of Huddersfield Funded opportunities in Health Sciences and Healthcare Research
- Asia Pacific Leaders’ Conclave on Malaria Elimination 2023
Thanks for visiting us.
Disclaimer: The resources, documents, guidelines, and information on this blog have been collected from various sources and are intended for informational purposes only. Information published on or through this website and affiliated social media channels does not represent the intention, plan, or strategies of an organization that the initiator associated with in professional or personal capacity, unless explicitly indicated.
If you have any complaints, information, or suggestions about the content published on Public Health Update, please feel free to contact at firstname.lastname@example.org.