The Alliance is seeking a team of researchers to help prepare background material in support of a research agenda for action on the social determinants of health. At the recent World Health Assembly, the WHO was requested to prepare a World Report on the Social Determinants of Health to update work from the previous nearly fifteen years ago. The team of researchers will review the status of research on social determinants of health, identifying key gaps, and will produce a discussion paper to inform an expert consultation later this year. Based on the consultation, the team will develop a final synthesis report and a draft research agenda.
- To inform the development of a draft research agenda for social determinants of health, with a focus on policy and implementation research.
- To review the current status of research on social determinants of health, identifying key gaps.
- To inform a section of the upcoming World Report.
- A desk review of key documents from WHO and other partners on research on social determinants of health, including related fields such as multisectoral governance, health in all policies and health inequality monitoring.
- A literature review of research in the last ten years on social determinants of health, with a focus on political economy, policy and implementation.
- A discussion paper with a first draft of the findings to inform an expert meeting to be held in October/ November 2021.
- Support to the expert meeting, including writing a meeting report.
- A final report synthesizing the findings of both reviews and the discussions of the expert meeting, identification of key gaps, and first draft of WHO research agenda for social determinants of health, with a focus on policy and implementation.
Work duration and cost
One team of two to three researchers working under a senior researcher will be funded up to a total budget of US$ 50 000. No further funding will be provided within or beyond the project period. The activities should be undertaken between September and December 2021 (four months).
Deadline: Monday, 9 August 2021, 23:59 CEST
Bids submitted after this deadline will not be considered.
To apply, please submit an expression of interest of no more than 1 000 words, or four pages, explaining the researchers’ interest and experience on this topic, a budget and CVs by Monday, 9 August. Please also provide a summary budget of the total costs broken down by the following categories (not all may be applicable): personnel, supplies facilities, equipment, communications, travel and per diem, and other. These documents should be submitted as one PDF file.
Expressions of interest submitted after this deadline will not be considered.
Successful applicants can expect to be notified within three weeks of the deadline. WHO may, at its own discretion, extend this closing date for the submission of expressions of interest by notifying all applicants thereof in
Submissions of Expressions of Interest should be made via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the subject line: WHO Bid Ref. Expressions of Interest: SDH Research Agenda.
- Experts call for action on the commercial determinants of health and health equity
- WHO steps up the Director-General’s flagship initiative to combat tuberculosis
- New Horizons PhD Studentship: NCDs in Nepal
- University of Huddersfield Funded opportunities in Health Sciences and Healthcare Research
- Asia Pacific Leaders’ Conclave on Malaria Elimination 2023
Thanks for visiting us.
Disclaimer: The resources, documents, guidelines, and information on this blog have been collected from various sources and are intended for informational purposes only. Information published on or through this website and affiliated social media channels does not represent the intention, plan, or strategies of an organization that the initiator associated with in professional or personal capacity, unless explicitly indicated.
If you have any complaints, information, or suggestions about the content published on Public Health Update, please feel free to contact at email@example.com.