DHS Data Processing Procedures Online Course: Data Tabulation May 2 – June 24, 2022
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
The USAID-funded Demographic and Health Survey (DHS) Program is searching for potential participants to take part in the DHS Data Processing Procedures Online Course focusing on Data Tabulation. The course will be held from May 2nd -June 24th ,2022 to provide professionals involved during the data processing of a DHS survey, the competencies necessary to produce standard and country-specific tables. The data management and tabulation software to be taught during this course is CSPro. CSPro is a survey processing package with very powerful features to handle hierarchical dataset and complex tabulation plan. In addition, CSPro has the power to support large and complex surveys and censuses.
Key aspects of the course will focus on CSPro syntax, sampling weights, general information related to DHS recode dataset, and producing the standard and country-specific tables. Although the attention will be directed towards DHS methodology and procedures, the acquired skills can be applicable to other types of surveys dataset.
Eligibility and Requirements
Interested applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must live or work in Cameroon, Kenya, Tanzania, Bangladesh, Cambodia, Nepal, Jordan, Ethiopia, or Nigeria.
- Must have an excellent level of written and spoken English
- Preference will be given to applicants who are currently or will be actively involved in their country’s upcoming DHS survey. Two to four participants will be selected from each country to attend. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Must be able to commit 3-4 hours a week for the course.
|April 15, 2022:||Online application due|
|April 18-25, 2022:||Selected candidates notified|
|May 2, 2022:||Module 1 begins for selected candidates|
- Experts call for action on the commercial determinants of health and health equity
- WHO steps up the Director-General’s flagship initiative to combat tuberculosis
- New Horizons PhD Studentship: NCDs in Nepal
- University of Huddersfield Funded opportunities in Health Sciences and Healthcare Research
- Asia Pacific Leaders’ Conclave on Malaria Elimination 2023
Thanks for visiting us.
Disclaimer: The resources, documents, guidelines, and information on this blog have been collected from various sources and are intended for informational purposes only. Information published on or through this website and affiliated social media channels does not represent the intention, plan, or strategies of an organization that the initiator associated with in professional or personal capacity, unless explicitly indicated.
If you have any complaints, information, or suggestions about the content published on Public Health Update, please feel free to contact at firstname.lastname@example.org.