Quantitative Research Methods in Health Sciences by Karkee Rajendra
This book focuses on the quantitative research methods in health sciences. The research method is an important core skill in the education and training of the health sciences, especially in public health. This skill can only be gained by the combined use of epidemiology and biostatistics. Organization of this book;
- The elements of a research proposal.
- It provides structure and elements of a research proposal, then further elaborates the elements of the research proposal and finally, outlines how to report the research.
- This book has been enriched with tables, diagrams, boxes, charts and algorithms, which could be studied and reproduced easily.
- This book is divided into four sections and comprises of total 20 chapters.
- The first section discusses the research process includes what is research, health system research and research process and research integrity.
- The second section deals with the developing a research proposal includes introduction and rationale, objectives, research methods, ethical considerations, budget and time frame and references.
- The third section describes the doing the research includes study types, sampling and sample size determination, data collection and measurement, data analysis I: descriptive statistics, data analysis II: inferential statistics, data analysis III: choosing statistical tests and bias.
- The final section discusses the Reporting the research includes writing process, writing a manuscript, critical appraisals and literature review, and appendices.
PROMOTIONAL /DISCOUNT CODE FOR NEPALESE STUDENTS: NOT APPLICABLE NOW (I WILL SHARE WHEN AVAILABLE)