A Practical Guide to Implementation Research on Health System (Book)
This book was initially developed with funding from the European Union’s Seventh Framework Programme under grant agreement no 265970. Additional support was provided by the Future Health Systems Consortium, funded by the UK DFID. The initial stimulus for the book came from the involvement of one of the authors with the team undertaking the development of the TDR Implementation Research Toolkit. Discussions with the members of that team were central to the development of the approach adopted. The book is published by the Institute of Development Studies.
- Chapter 1: Introduction
- Chapter 2: Innovation, implementation and evaluation in healthcare
- Chapter 3: What do you know?
- Chapter 4: Understanding the intervention
- Chapter 5: Context: Taking situation analysis seriously
- Chapter 6: Ethical considerations in health systems research
- Chapter 7: Collecting the evidence
- Chapter 8: Quantitative Methods
- Chapter 9: Qualitative Methods
- Chapter 10: Participatory research
- Chapter 11: Incorporating gender analysis into health systems implementation research
- Chapter 12: Achieving influence and driving change