Johnson & Johnson is the world’s largest healthcare company aspiring to care for the world, one person at a time.
The Johnson & Johnson Global Community Impact Team supports and champions the people on the front lines who are at the heart of delivering care. The Team leads the global Johnson & Johnson partnership with One Young World and believes that changing the trajectory of health for humanity requires putting people first, so that communities and health systems have the ability to address the health needs of the world’s most vulnerable people.
Through its global and community-based partnerships and programs, the Team aims to support the next generation of global and community-based health leaders to develop the skills and tools they need to drive health and well-being in underserved communities.
For the fourth year running, Johnson & Johnson Global Community Impact is collaborating with One Young World to offer scholarships to 12 aspiring young health leaders across the globe to participate in the virtual 2021 Johnson & Johnson One Young World Program.
One Young World Summit 2021 provides an accelerated learning opportunity covering:
- Access to virtually attend the One Young World Summit 2021 in Munich
- Participation in the 2021 Johnson & Johnson One Young World Program
- Participate in a six month accelerated learning and development program including global kick off and debrief calls, virtual learning sessions and global ScopeAthons (working and learning with other NGOs and/or social enterprises to create practical, feasible and innovative solutions in the field of ie climate change, public health, etc.)
- Individual coaching with senior Johnson & Johnson leaders
- Buddy Team support: Teams of 2021 Johnson & Johnson OYW delegates, called buddy teams, supporting scholars pre, during and post Summit in furthering their aspiration and creating innovative solutions based on pre-defined needs
Selection & Eligibility Criteria
- Aged 18 – 30 (Most delegates are between the age of 18 and 30. The One Young World team will consider applications from those who are older than 30, pending demonstration of appropriate personal impact, initiative, and willingness to engage. We are not able to accept applications from those who will be aged under 18 at the time of the Summit.)
- Nationals of all countries are eligible to apply for this program.
- Young leaders from non-governmental organisations, social enterprises, community-based organisations or individual leaders/entrepreneurs who are making a positive impact within their local community through the delivery of care to vulnerable people, their families and communities. This may include activities undertaken by nurses, midwives, community health workers, formal/informal (family) caregivers and healthcare professionals trainees (both clinical and non-clinical)
- Health Care Professionals who are classified as Government Officials within their home country will need approval from their employer.
- Important: Selected scholars must be available to commit 10% of their time to the program, over the 6-month program period (March 2021 – August 2021).
- Demonstrated capacity for leadership.
- Evidenced commitment to delivering positive change.
- Understanding of key local and/or global issues.
- Track record of generating impactful and innovative idea Interest and engagement in sharing and learning from others.
- Skills: enthusiastic, pro-active, creative, eager to improve, not afraid to change the status quo, team player, good communicator and project management.
- Submit an online application via the link below before 27 November 2020.
- A shortlist of candidates will be contacted in December 2020 and invited to submit a video personal statement and letter of reference.
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited to participate in a video interview with One Young World in January 2021.
- All candidates will be informed of the final outcome of their application in February 2021.
The selection process is conducted by One Young World, Johnson & Johnson are not involved the selection of cadidates for this scholarship.
Application Deadline: 5:00pm GMT 27 November 2020.
OFFICIAL LINK & APPLICATION FORM