CIH-LMU is announcing the Advanced Module “Public Health Systems – Challenges and Opportunities: The Case of Nepal” will take place again this year.Gain a comprehensive knowledge of health systems in a resource-limited setting, and discuss with and learn from the experiences of Nepalese health experts. This course is jointly organized with our partner, the Patan Academy of Health Science in Nepal, who will welcome us and all course participants at the beginning of May.
Next Dates: May 01 – 05, 2023
Course Language: English
Registration: Please register here.
Registration Deadline: April 16, 2023
Course credits: 3 ECTS
Costs: EUR 600 (plus additional personal travel and accommodation costs)
Location: Patan Academy of Health Sciences, Nepal
Who can register? Everyone interested in learning more about public health care systems in different resource settings
- An overview of the Public Health delivery system in Nepal
- Comparison of health care systems in different resource settings
- Health related challenges from supply side and demand side
- Public health interventions to address health problems
- Socio-cultural determinants of health care seeking behaviour in Nepal
At the end of the module, the participants will be able to:
- describe the health care delivery system in Nepal,
- identify major sources of health-related information,
- explain major health problems including challenges and opportunities to address these problems,
- identify socio-cultural aspects of care seeking, service delivery and health behaviors,
- identify innovations and initiatives to address health problems both from supply side and demand side,
- compare problems and challenges of health care systems in developed and developing countries, and
- assess and discuss possible health system solutions in a resource-constrained system.
If you would like to participate, please register here.
Cancellation policy: For cancellations made before the registration deadline, a non-refundable fee of 100 EUR will be charged. For cancellations made after the registration deadline until the course start, a non-refundable fee of 300 EUR will be charged. In case of no-shows or cancellations from the start of the course, the full course fee will be charged.
Course Coordinators in Nepal:
Sudarshan Paudel – Patan Academy of Health Sciences (Nepal)
Prof. Madhusudan Subedi – Patan Academy of Health Sciences (Nepal)
Dr. Deepak Paudel – Save the Children (Nepal)
All correspondence (inquiries, organisation and registration) via the Teaching & Training Unit in Munich, firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you interested? We look forward to your registration!