- Job ID 94785
International Nepal Fellowship (Nepal) is a non-governmental organization established in 1952 and serves the poor and disadvantaged people of Nepal to enable life to its fullness through health and development services. INF Nepal is currently working in health and community development services in the Gandaki, Lumbini, Karnali, and Sudurpashchim Provinces of Nepal.
For the following position, INF Nepal, Green Pastures Hospital and Rehabilitation Centre is seeking competent, skilled, service-oriented, and devoted Nepali citizens who share our vision, missions, and values.
Position: Research Officer
Required Number: 1
Location: GPH, Pokhara
About Palliative Care and Chronic Disease Services And SUNITA Project:
The Palliative Care and Chronic Disease (PCCD) service offers clinical and community-based palliative care services. SUNITA Project is a three-year plan in which INF Nepal will be developing a Palliative Care and Chronic Disease (PCCD) Centre of Excellence at Green Pastures Hospital through clinical services, research, and education/training. This project will support the National Strategy for Palliative Care, which was developed by palliative care experts in Nepal and was adopted by the Ministry of Health and Population (MoHP). Over the period of three years, it will design, implement, and test a rural healthcare intervention in palliative care in Lamjung, Rukum, Surkhet, Kapilvastu, and Banke.
Purpose of the Job:
The job holder is responsible to assist in the day-to-day implementation of research projects of SUNITA Project as part of the research team; help in the design of individual studies; prepare and submit ethics review applications; undertake fieldwork, data collection and management, maintenance and analysis; write reports and peer reviewed articles; support training, education and other project activities.
Required Qualifications, Skills, and Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, rural/international development or major in other related subjects with minimum of 2 years of research experience in public health.
- Must have prior experience working with R or other statistical tools.
- Previous work experience in clinical setting is an advantage.
- Good interpersonal skills, patience, empathy, considerate and respectful of others.
- Ability to read and write in English and Nepali.
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft programs.
- Willing to keep all matters pertaining to patient care confidential.
- Able to willing to travel.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Compassionate and commitment to serve needy people.
- In agreement with the vision, mission and values of INF.
All eligible and interested candidates who meet the above criteria can send their application stating the post applied for in the subject line along with their CV to the following email by 28th January 2024.
INF Nepal, Pokhara
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted to participate in further assessment and selection process.
INF Nepal encourages applications from persons with disabilities and disadvantaged and vulnerable groups.
INF Nepal reserves the right to hold partial or whole applications process at any time without giving any reason whatsoever. Any effort by the candidates to influence the selection process may result in disqualification.