- Job ID 90993
The World at Abt
Solving the world’s most pressing issues and improving the quality of life for people worldwide is what we do every day at Abt Associates. Creating a more equitable world is no small task, but we are driven by big challenges.
We are a team of 3,000+ people in over 50 countries working in unison and focused on the bigger picture. Only by sharing our commitment, energy, and innovation do we affect change and push the boundaries of what’s possible. We welcome diverse ideas, backgrounds, and viewpoints – joining Abt means access to exceptional thinkers at the top of their game.
To thrive at Abt is to embrace flexibility and collaboration. Our open culture allows you to balance your work and personal life as needed to optimize personal well-being. Creating a more equitable world starts from within – we look after people around the world, and we’ll do the same for you.
Ready to embrace rewarding and meaningful work? Now’s your chance.
Abt Associates seeks candidates for a long-term Chief of Party position for the anticipated USAID-funded Nepal Health Systems Strengthening activity. The primary purpose of this activity is to strengthen the health system at municipal, provincial, and federal levels to increase the equity of and access to high-quality maternal, newborn and child health (MNCH) care. Qualified candidates will possess the qualifications listed below. Abt Associates actively seeks out candidates with diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Therefore, we particularly encourage women, individuals from disadvantaged communities and castes/ethnicities, and differently abled people to apply.
As the Chief of Party, you will be responsible for the overall strategic direction, management, and technical leadership to the HSS program in Nepal, and acts as the primary liaison between the program, the Donor and the Government of Nepal. You will be responsible for ensuring responsiveness and quality of program results; guiding senior technical staff; and the overall management of operational, financial, and administrative aspects of the program.
- Serves as the activity’s key liaison with USAID, activity stakeholders at federal, provincial, and municipal levels.
- Provides leadership and technical support specifically for activity staff and subcontractors to ensure a focus on core results, achievements of annual work plan and targets, and timely/effective implementation.
- Monitors the progress and pace of activity implementation to assure that the full potential of the program is realized through the promotion of high-quality work and internal controls.
- Provides management leadership (programmatic, financial and administrative) for the activity ensuring full alignment with national and international standards for health service strengthening.
- Oversees the implementation of the activity to ensure the achievement of all activity objectives, deliverables, and targets in a timely and efficient manner.
- Use continuous learning approaches to establish a culture of adaptive management that can readily respond to contextual shifts by adapting decision making, resource allocation, and implementation approaches/strategies as necessary.
- Upholds the standards of Abt Associates to lead a high performing team and ensures strict compliance to USAID and Abt’s policies, regulations, and internal controls.
What We Value
- Master’s degree (minimum) in Public Health, Health Administration and/or clinical qualification.
- Substantial experience in the areas of health systems strengthening, maternal, newborn and child health, health care improvement strategies, and capacity building.
- At least 10 years of senior-level experience designing, implementing, and managing or evaluating HSS programs.
- Demonstrated technical depth and understanding of the Nepalese health systems in the context of federalism.
- Demonstrated success managing complex multi-donor programs is desired, previous USAID experience strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in managing a USAID funded program in the South Asia region, in Nepal preferred.
- Fluency in English required, and Nepali speaking preferred.
What We Offer
We foster an environment where you can Thrive Your Way. Our innovative total rewards programs are designed to help balance your work and personal life. The approach toward your wellbeing centers around comprehensive benefits, flexible schedules, and professional development.
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer: Abt Associates will never ask candidates for money in exchange for an offer of employment.