The Ministry of Health and Population (MoHP) has endorsed a new guideline on Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) 2079. This guideline has been prepared by NSSD, DoHS as per the mandate of Public Health Service Act clause 64.
- Power to make standards, directives or procedures: The Ministry may make necessary standards, directives or procedures subject to this Act or the rules framed under this Act. (Public Health Service Act)
Objective of guideline
- To implement IPC activities at all level of health facilities to reduce the risk of infection, and control.
- To protect patients, visitors, health workers, students and community peoples from health service related infection.
- To ensure best common practices on Infection Prevention and control.
- To strengthen health systems to combat Antimicrobial resistance (AMR) by improving quality of health services at all level of health facilities.