The Ministry of Health and Population (MoHP) has endorsed a new Hospital Pharmacy Service Guideline 2078 to ensure quality health care services by mobilizing pharmacy professionals at hospital. The new guideline has prepared as per the mandate of Public Health Service Act 2075, rule 64. This guideline replaces the previous guideline on Hospital Pharmacy Service Guideline, 2072.
The Drug and Therapeutic Committee: The following Drug and Therapeutic Committee shall be formed to operate the service delivered through medicines and medicinal substances or materials in the Hospital effectively and systematically.
- Hospital Chief or a Senior Physician authorized by him/her – Chairperson
- Chiefs of medical departments or units – Member
- Chief Nursing – Member
- Administration Section Chief – Member
- Financial Administration Section Chief – Member
- Hospital Pharmacy Chief – Member Secretary