The U.S. Education Foundation in Nepal (USEF-Nepal or the Fulbright Commission) announces application open for 2022-2023 Fulbright Visiting Scholar Program. The Fulbright Visiting Scholars Program has provided thousands of scholars with the opportunity to develop collaborative research and/or artistic relationships with US scholars or artists; and to enhance scholarly publications and other contributions with research and/or artistic practice conducted in the US and to establish professional contacts in their field and make long-lasting friendships with colleagues in the US.
Depending on the availability of funding, the Nepal Fulbright Commission will provide a grant to one Nepali scholar or artist to conduct post-doctoral research at a US university or to undertake an artistic project at a US university, museum or cultural institution. The Fulbright-National Archives Heritage Science Fellow will work in the Heritage Science Research and Testing Laboratory of the National Archives and Record Administration, a state of the art facility focused on scientific research to assist in the conservation, preservation, and ongoing public accessibility of cultural and historic artifacts, records, and documents.
- Citizenship or permanent resident status qualifying you to hold a valid passport issued in Nepal
- Doctoral degree (for researchers) or equivalent professional training or experience at the time of application (for artists)- For professionals and artists outside academe, recognized professional standing and substantial professional accomplishment is expected. For post-doctoral researchers, only those scholars who received their doctorate between 2010-2018 are eligible to apply. A minimum of three years’ post-doctoral professional experience in Nepal for post-doctoral researchers; a minimum of five years of experience in the area is required for artists.
- A detailed statement of proposed activity for research and/or an artistic project at a US institution- The proposed project should contribute to the development of knowledge in your field and must be feasible within a maximum period of nine months in the US. For post-doctoral researchers, the subject of the proposed research must relate directly to Nepal. Research proposals using the given form will be accepted in any field. For artists, the proposed project must have relevance to Nepal
- Proficiency in English appropriate to the proposed project- You may be required to take an English proficiency test
- Sound physical and mental health- Those selected for a Fulbright grant are required to submit a Medical History and Examination Report before their grants can be finalized
Fulbright Scholars enter the US on an Exchange Visitor (J-1) visa under a U.S. Department of State program and are subject to the two-year home-country residency requirement associated with the J-1 visa. Scholars/Artists are expected to reside in Nepal for two years after completion of their Fulbright grant period in the US before they may apply for non-immigrant visas (H and L) as temporary workers, for permanent residence in the US, or as immigrants. Scholars/Artists and their dependents who have held J visas with sponsorship of more than six months are not eligible to re-enter as J-1 researchers or artists for 12 months following the program sponsorship end date.
READ MORE AND APPLY
Deadline: 11:59 PM, November 21, 2021
- Experts call for action on the commercial determinants of health and health equity
- WHO steps up the Director-General’s flagship initiative to combat tuberculosis
- New Horizons PhD Studentship: NCDs in Nepal
- University of Huddersfield Funded opportunities in Health Sciences and Healthcare Research
- Asia Pacific Leaders’ Conclave on Malaria Elimination 2023
Thanks for visiting us.
Disclaimer: The resources, documents, guidelines, and information on this blog have been collected from various sources and are intended for informational purposes only. Information published on or through this website and affiliated social media channels does not represent the intention, plan, or strategies of an organization that the initiator associated with in professional or personal capacity, unless explicitly indicated.
If you have any complaints, information, or suggestions about the content published on Public Health Update, please feel free to contact at email@example.com.