The annual report of the Department of Health Services (DoHS) for fiscal year 2077/78 (2020/2021) is the twenty-seven consecutive report of its kind. This report focuses on the objectives, targets and strategies adopted by Nepal’s health programs and analyses their major achievements and highlights trends in service coverage over three fiscal years. This report also identifies issues, problems and constraints and suggests actions to be taken by health institutions for further improvements.
The main institutions that delivered basic health services in 2077/78 were the 201 public hospitals including other ministries, the 2,082 non-public health facilities, the 189 Primary Health Care Centers (PHCCs) and the 3,794 Health Posts (HPs) primary health care services were also provided by 11,699 Primary Health Care Outreach Clinic (PHCORC) sites. A total of 16,950 Expanded Program of Immunization (EPI) clinics provided immunization services. These services were supported by 49,605 Female Community Health Volunteers (FCHV). The information on the achievements of the public health system, NGOs, INGOs and private health facilities were collected by DoHS’s Health Management Information System (HMIS).
This report mainly focuses on performance of DoHS in FY 2077/78 on following areas:
• Programme’s policy statements, including objectives, strategies, goals, major targets activities and
• Health programme’s indicators.
• Problems, issues, constraints and recommendations on improving performance and achieving targets.
- National Annual Review, MoHP – 2017/18 (Presentation Slides)
- Health Sector Progress Report 2018, Ministry of Health & Population
- Glimpse of Annual Report Department of Health Services 2073/74 (2016/17)
- Annual report of the Department of Health Services (DoHS) 2073/74 (2016/2017)
- Annual Report Department of Health Services 2072/73 (2015/2016)
- Annual Report of the Department of Health Services (DoHS) – 2071/72 (2014/2015)
- Annual Report of DOHS 2070/71 (2013/2014)
- Annual Report of DoHS 2069/2070 (2012-2013)