- Job ID 94689
KOSHISH, National Mental Health Self-Help Organization, established in 2008, is breaking the silence and amplifying voices of persons with mental health condition and psychosocial disability for inclusion of mental health and psychosocial support (MHPSS) within and beyond the health system. KOSHISH promotes self-advocacy in the spirit of “NOTHING ABOUT US WITHOUT US.”
KOSHISH in partnership with CBM Global is implementing the “Promoting Mental Health and Suicide Prevention” project with the overall objective to contribute to an inclusive environment where persons with psychosocial disabilities and other underrepresented/ disadvantaged groups enjoy their rights in the districts of Kaski, Lumjung and Gorkha in Gandaki Province from 2024-2027.
We are looking for the following positions:
Position: Project Officer
Number of positions: 2
Reports To: Project Manager
Location: Gorkha and Lamjung District
Duration: Full time
Job Overview and Core Purpose:
The Project Officers oversee the implementation of “Promoting Mental Health and Suicide Prevention” project in a cluster of 3 municipalities each in Gorkha and Lumjung districts. S/he will ensure quality delivery of results, monitoring, evaluation, and learning under the supervision of project manager and in close collaboration with other project team members. S/he will oversee the cluster team and build their capacity for effective delivery of the project.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead project implementation as a focal point for the cluster.
- Develop an annual project action plan, detailed implementation plan, and periodic implementation plan in coordination with cluster team and Project Manager.
- Carry out periodic review, track, and reporting of progress as mentioned in project documents.
- Capture learning on ongoing basis and documentation of good practices.
- Foster a culture of learning and accountability through inclusive monitoring, evaluation, feedback, and learning practices within projects.
- Work closely with the Admin/ Finance officer to ensure that program and financial aspects of project planning, budgeting and implementation go together.
- Coordinate monitoring / support visits from the central level and partners.
- Communicate with central sections for issues related to project management and staff management.
Coordination, collaboration, and advocacy at local level:
- Build and maintain collaboration/ partnerships with stakeholders, especially with the organizations of persons with disability, Government line agencies, CBOs, local health facility in the cluster.
- Advocacy for mainstreaming rights and services in government policy, plan, and program
- Ensure that our work reflects and is responsive to the needs of people with mental health issues and psychosocial disability.
- Lobby and advocacy with local government representatives and support in Provincial level advocacy in coordination with Project Manager and Advocacy Manager.
- Represent KOSHISH on different platforms with the approval of Project Manager.
Cluster Team Management:
- Lead and supervise cluster project team members.
- Build team performance through real-time feedback, support, coaching and mentoring in coordination with Project Manager.
- Facilitate performance management, JD updates, leave plan, monthly plan and timesheet, field visit, etc. of the cluster team members.
- Develop strong relationships and ensure a safe work environment among the project staff for smooth the implementation of project activities.
- Mentor and support the counsellor, CPSW/ community Campaigners for their job requirements.
- Ensuring participation in monthly review of project team and cluster team.
Documentation, database management and reporting:
- Develop and maintain comprehensive documentation, plans and reports.
- Submit project progress updates to the Project Manager.
- Ensure Quality project reporting requirements are met in line with donor requirements,
- Government compliance within specified timeline.
- Develop success stories, good practices, and learning documents and maintaining record and disaggregated databases of beneficiaries including pictures, and voices from the field.
Safety & Security
- Ensure safety & security during project implementation in collaboration with central office.
- Analyze / identify potential risks and handle any issues that may arise.
- Accountable for ensuring that all children and adults who are reached by the project are safeguarded to the greatest extent possible.
- Promote safeguarding among project teams and ensure safeguarding is embedded in all stages
of project cycle management.
Any other task assigned by the organization relevant to your experience and requirements for the
QUALIFICATIONS & ESSENTIAL QUALITIES
- At least a bachelor’s degree in social science, public health, or relevant field (master’s preferable),
- At least 3 years of experience in project management with NGOS/INGOs
- Experience in the field of mental health and psychosocial issues, disability rights and advocacy are desirable,
- Flexible approach to work demands,
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking and planning skills,
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team,
- Demonstrated skill in building collaborative relationships with stakeholders,
- Proactive, focused and result oriented.
- Excellent written and spoken Nepali and English,
- Computers: Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
Salary: Negotiable as per competence and experience
- Interested candidates are requested to send their updated curriculum vitae and Cover letter including expected salary in PDF version via email at email@example.com.
- Please clearly mark in the subject line as “Application for the post of Project Officer “.
- The application will be processed on a rolling basis and closed when the suitable candidates are selected.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further process.
- Please clearly mention minimum three referees on your Curriculum Vitae. (including contact number, email id etc.)
1. Eligible candidates with disabilities, women and from the local area are encouraged to apply.
2. KOSHISH reserves the right to accept or reject any or all applications without assigning any reason whatsoever.