- Job ID 90819
The Centre for Mental Health and Counselling – Nepal (CMC-Nepal), a national level NGO working on mental health and psychosocial support, launches a call for applications in the framework of the Psychosocial Component of the Safer Migration (SaMi) Programme phase III. SaMi is a bilateral initiative between the Government of Nepal and the Government of Switzerland. It is implemented by the Ministry of Labor, Employment and Social Security and 156 participating local governments. Helvetas Nepal provides technical assistance to the program on behalf of the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC).
To address the social cost of the migration, SaMi/HELVETAS entered into the partnership with Centre for Mental Health and Counseling-Nepal (CMC-Nepal) which has expertise in providing psychosocial support training and supervision to psychosocial counselors. Currently, SaMi is in its’ extension phase, with a focus on the sustainability of the psychosocial component.
CMC-Nepal is supporting SaMi in the provision of psychosocial support in the 38 districts of the implementation of the program. It, therefore, seeks candidates for the following position:
Position: Monitoring and Documentation Officer (1 full-time position for a regular program, based in Kathmandu with field visits in program districts) is responsible to lead overall monitoring and documentation related task in the program, through designing and implementing monitoring system for tracking regular progress updates and inform to the Program Coordinator through formal reporting aspects.
- Master’s Degree preferably in the field of Public Health or Social Science or Development studies or other related fields relevant to the above duties is required
- Minimum 3 years of progressive and relevant experience in designing, implementing and overseeing M&E related task in mental health or health related or development projects
- Having good comprehending and learning attitude in mental health and psychosocial field
- Good level of skills in data management of psychosocial support work of PS counsellors in the local level, report writing skills and case documentation skills in English, along with knowledge and skills in SPSS, KoBo and other research and documentation tools.
- Experience of quantitative and qualitative data collection techniques, data analysis, data management, report writing and case story writing, along with hands on experience of managing database software
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills in building rapport with the groups, supporting psychosocial counsellors/social workers
- Demonstrate ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationships both within and outside the organization.
- Project monitoring skills.
Salaries and benefits: As per the agreement between SaMi/Helvetas and CMC-Nepal
Interested candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send their application with an up-to-date CV to the following address not later than 4th July 2023. Women and candidates from minority and ethnic communities are highly encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview. All the rights for recruitment, selection, and cancelation (if required) of this recruitment are reserved by CMC-Nepal.
PO Box Number 5295