- Job ID 90834
Options Consultancy Services Limited (Options) is a global team of experts and innovators tackling some of the world’s most pressing health challenges. We work with leaders and change makers around the globe to bring health strategies to life. We provide ideas, advice and technical know-how that enable our partners to build a path to lasting change.
With 30 years’ experience in global health, we collaborate with our partners to explore existing evidence, combine expertise, scale up ideas and co-create solutions that accelerate change. This includes collaborating on policy design, managing initiatives, building powerful coalitions and galvanizing social movements. Our impact is felt across whole communities, with a focus on women, girls and those who have been marginalized.
Gender equality and social change are at the forefront of our work. As part of MSI Reproductive Choices, all our profits go back into supporting MSI’s own mission of children by choice, not chance. We believe in a world where everyone can access the high-quality health services they need, without financial burden.
Options has worked in Nepal for over 25 years. During this time, our work has focused on enabling women and children to access the healthcare they need by overcoming financial, geographic, and social barriers and facilitating long term systems change. We have worked at all levels from national to district and palika, and through local communities, supporting the delivery of successive Nepal Health Sector Programs. Our portfolio focuses on strengthening the devolved health system, supporting government leadership and delivery of the Nepal Health Sector Support Programme (NHSSP) since 2010 – now in its third phase of Options led implementation.
Options is preparing to bid for the anticipated USAID-funded health systems strengthening (HSS) project in Nepal. The Activity will work to strengthen health system at municipality, provincial and federal level focused on maternal, newborn and child health to increase access and equity in health care.
Position: Chief of Party (COP)
The Chief of Party (COP) will be responsible for the overall strategic leadership, managerial oversight, and technical direction of the project. The COP will lead the implementation team and serve as the key point of contact for USAID, government, program partners, and other stakeholders. They will also coordinate closely with other USG projects and development partners to ensure joined up approaches and complementarity with other health and governance programs. The COP is accountable for high quality delivery of the program within the budget parameters. The post holder draws support from Options’ global management services. The role reports to Options’ Director of Global Health based in Options’ London office. Coordinating the inputs of the team from Options and partners, they will ensure that program objectives, outcomes, and deliverables are met and that financial, operational, and reporting requirements are in compliance with USAID regulations and Options’ policies and processes.
- University degree in a relevant subject
- Extensive experience providing technical, strategic and program management oversight to major multi-year and multi-partner complex programs in Nepal and/or South Asia as a Chief of Party or Team Leader.
- Demonstrated experience working to strengthen governance and accountability mechanisms in devolved or federated government structures as well as enhancing national local cooperation.
- Strong understanding of Nepal’s health sector including key context and trends relevant to health systems strengthening. Relevant networks at the municipality, provincial and federal levels.
- Strong external liaison and negotiation experience fostering partnerships between Government and other stakeholders, including at provincial and municipality level, and building national and sub-national capacity. Familiarity with government practice and protocol.
- Significant experience and a track record of successful leadership and management of teams based in multiple locations. Previous experience leading a team of highly skilled, multidisciplinary staff to leverage joint management support, and empowering team members to deliver high quality work. Experience managing teams in high-risk environments.
- Demonstrable experience of working with USAID and familiarity with USAID practice and protocol with a proven ability to represent organizations and program with USAID. Significant experience with USAID planning and reporting systems, operations, programming, and structure.
- Experience in managing budgets effectively with oversight on spending while providing regular oversight on issues related to risk and audit.
- Experience of risk management and mitigation in a program context.
- Leadership and influencing skills
- Strategic thinking, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Strong financial and risk management skills
- Strong stakeholder engagement and relationship management skills
- Strong administration and organizational skills, good time management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including report writing
- Commitment to equal opportunities
- Commitment to the project’s and Options’ principles of Safeguarding, Do No Harm, and to comprehensive sexual and reproductive health and rights.
- Awareness and commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
Options offers a competitive, comprehensive benefits package specific to each country, for further information please contact HR at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To apply, please fill in the form.
- Closing date for applications is: 30 June 2023
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview.
- Please note that this role will be subject to full pre-employment background checks including criminal record check, identification check, employment references and right to work verification (where appropriate).
- As an equal opportunity employer, Options Consultancy Services is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage or civil partnership. We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified candidates from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join Options Consultancy Services.
- Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment
- We seek people who are pro-choice, promote diversity and inclusion, are energetic and enthusiastic about Options’ vision.
- Applicants must have the right to work in Nepal.