The Embassy of India, Kathmandu invites online application for Golden Jubilee Scholarship Scheme from Nepali nationals studying in Nepal.
- Applicant should be a regular student enrolled in 1stYear/1stSemester of under graduate courses in any recognized educational institute in Nepal. Proof of student studying in graduation/degree course attested by Principal/Head of Institution to be uploaded.
- Applicant should have secured at least 70% aggregate marks at the Intermediate (+2) level/Class 12th and mark sheet to be uploaded.
- Applicant should be citizen of Nepal. Citizenship certificate of self or parents to be uploaded.
- Physically challenged candidate should upload proof from CDO/LDO/Municipality Head.
- Family income of the applicant must be less than NRs. 2,00,000/- per annum and income proof should be provided by CDO/LDO/Municipality Head and to be uploaded.
- Age Limit: Applicants should be between 17 to 22 years of age as on 1st July 2021.
- Note: (i) Those who are receiving scholarship from any other source are not eligible to apply. (ii) Please do not include Class XI marks. (iii) Diploma courses are not eligible for the scholarship.
Scholarship Amount and Duration:
|Course||Scholarship Amount in NRs. Per Month||Scholarship Duration in Years|
|Others (BA, BCom, BSc, etc.)||3000||3|
The scholarship will continue in the second and subsequent years provided that the awardees continue to study and pass in the first and subsequent years. The student should submit each year’s passed marks sheet (except of final year) along with present status of his/her study, authenticated by Head of the institute/college. The documents should be submitted latest by second week of December either physically at Education Wing of the Embassy of India, Kathmandu or Consulate General of India, Birgunj or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org, failing which the scholarship may be terminated. The scholarship will be discontinued if the awardee fails successively in two semesters or discontinue study or any other valid reason.
- Applicants are advised to interact solely with the Education Wing of the Embassy in Kathmandu and the Consulate General of India at Birgunj.
- The applicants should indicate their address and contact telephone/mobile phone numbers/e-mail address clearly in online Application Form, and also upload the recent passport size photograph. Any change in address/ telephone/ mobile number should be intimated immediately through letter bearing candidate’s signature.
- Filling up of wrong data/information such as marks, etc. and in absence of documents as mentioned in the ‘documents required’ column in the online application form will lead to outright rejection and cancellation of the application/candidature/scholarship and no further claim will be entertained.
- Before filling up the application form online, students/guardian are advised to read instructions/guidelines thoroughly, as there is no scope for modification in online system once form is submitted. The candidate should keep the Email address and Password in safe custody for future correspondence/reference.
- The Embassy of India reserves the right to accept or reject any application at its discretion.
The Online Application may be submitted through web portal www.goischolarship.com.np The last date of submission of application is February 15, 2021.